Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#142818 - 09/14/04 08:46 PM need to let out some steam
digital-d Offline
Loc: New York
I brought the GP in to the dealer to get some things fixed under warrentee. Anyway, I got a new radio in because the volume knob on there wasn't working and the shade for my sunroof doesn't stop so you can push it all the way back into the roof. Anyway, one of my friends opened the shade for the sunroof and somehow it got stuck all the way back into the roof and I couldn't get it out. I got the car back today and as I mentioned before they put a new radio in, but they did a sloppy job putting the dash back together. Not all the clips were in place so there were parts of that big peice dash peice just hanging out and the peice that's under the steering wheel was hanging half out. It's not a big deal because I've taken dashes apart and put them back together before just the fact that they left it that way. They also scratched up my leather shift knob (which was really bad), the side of my dash and the glovebox. They got my sunroof shade out from the roof, but they didn't fix the problem which caused that in the first place which I told them to and it was on the r.o. I don't have the newer style sunshade with the skylights, I have the older style one that's like two sliding peices. As the tech told the service writer there isn't supposed to be anything to stop it from going back, your supposed to stop it when it makes a clicking sound which it rarely does. That doesn't seem right to me. I know they stop on all the other cars. They must have gotten this guy ---> crazy to work on my car. Actually I know who it was and he broke some stuff on my other car too and I have complained about it in the past. I'm bringing it back in tomarrow. They better atleast get those scratches out of my dash and get me a new shifter knob! mad

I'm glad I left last week, now they can't give me a hard time about it cause I'm 100% customer.
#142819 - 09/14/04 09:08 PM Re: need to let out some steam
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
OK digi-D take it easy....

"The main thing is not to get excited"

Go to the dealer tell them what happened, be calm but firm.. and dude sell the GA for a G6 smile
#142820 - 09/14/04 09:32 PM Re: need to let out some steam
digital-d Offline
naw, I'm not going to get excited about it. I hated those kind of customers no so I stride not to be one.

I can't get anything if I sell the GA. I don't even think 4g's tops. It's got 145,000 miles on it with the original engine and tranny. For the most part it's been good to me and it smokes civics so I can't really complain. I don't want a G6 cause I can't afford it and I'd rather get something else. I still want a black or navy GTP coupe then I would use the 4-door as the beater, or maybe I'll just get an older Grand Cherokee for a beater. I don't know yet. I'll be able to decide in a year.
#142821 - 09/14/04 11:00 PM Re: need to let out some steam
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
Quote:
Originally posted by digital-d:
naw, I'm not going to get excited about it. I hated those kind of customers no so I stride not to be one.

I can't get anything if I sell the GA. I don't even think 4g's tops. It's got 145,000 miles on it with the original engine and tranny. For the most part it's been good to me and it smokes civics so I can't really complain. I don't want a G6 cause I can't afford it and I'd rather get something else. I still want a black or navy GTP coupe then I would use the 4-door as the beater, or maybe I'll just get an older Grand Cherokee for a beater. I don't know yet. I'll be able to decide in a year.
Dude, stay away from the older Grand Cherokee. My father in law had one, and the thing was a lemon. It seemed like whenever I fixed something on it, something else would break. Whether it be oil leaking from some miscelaneous part, the electrical going haywire, the altenator crapping out, etc. The oil leak was the one that ticked me off the most. Everytime I replaced a leaky part, some other part would start leaking. One time it died while my wife was driving it home. I was following in my GTP. The next morning, I noticed I had oil streaks all over the hood of my GTP mad
#142822 - 09/15/04 09:53 AM Re: need to let out some steam
digital-d Offline
Thanks for the good advice Bryan. I hope the newer ones aren't like that.
#142823 - 09/15/04 01:47 PM Re: need to let out some steam
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
Quote:
Originally posted by digital-d:
Thanks for the good advice Bryan. I hope the newer ones aren't like that.
Yeah hopefully. My father in law has an 02' Jeep Liberty now, and it's been pretty trouble free.

cheers
#142824 - 09/15/04 05:49 PM Re: need to let out some steam
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
From what i gather you used to work for this dealership? If thats the case i think it would be prudent to take it somewhere else it sounds like they are intentionally screwing around with your car.
#142825 - 09/15/04 06:46 PM Re: need to let out some steam
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
I have the 2 piece sunshade and it stops with about 2 inches of shade still showing. They are Full of it.
#142826 - 09/16/04 02:43 PM Re: need to let out some steam
digital-d Offline
I talked to the service manager (who was my boss there)she went down to the mechanic with the car and started screaming at him. They put a new sunshade in (same 2 peice one) and it seems better. They had to order the shifter knob so I'll have to wait for that to come in. The guy is sloppy with everyones car, but they can't really do much because he was there for so long. Yes I did work there for the past 8 months, but it's been slow there all summer and with school starting I didn't want to be running to work at 7:00 in the morning, then going to class and then returning again in the afternoon like I did last semester. I still have some money saved up from working 3 jobs over the summer...the dealer, the nursing home on weekends and twice a week I did delivaries overnight. I do plan on returning to the automotive field. I have an interveiw at a Ford dealer comming up so I hope that works out.
#142827 - 09/16/04 03:15 PM Re: need to let out some steam
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
D,

I'm just tied from reading about all of your jobs.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#142828 - 09/16/04 03:30 PM Re: need to let out some steam
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
My sunshade sometimes goes all the way in. I just open my sunroof all the way then close it and it brings the sunshade back out with it.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#142829 - 09/16/04 04:07 PM Re: need to let out some steam
Kirmie Offline
Loc: Toledo
Glad to see they're fixen it for you. I hate when mechanics screw up, happens too often I think.
#142830 - 09/16/04 05:11 PM Re: need to let out some steam
digital-d Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by framos242:
D,

I'm just tied from reading about all of your jobs.
Nobody forced you to read it. lol. It payed off though, I was able to save all the money I made from the dealer and I bought the GP straight up. I even had some cash left over. smile
#142831 - 09/22/04 11:25 PM Re: need to let out some steam
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
My signature says it all....
Caravan and GP, baby.

With a minivan, you get great MPG, SUV height and storage, and surprisingly good torque.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#142832 - 09/23/04 11:56 AM Re: need to let out some steam
digital-d Offline
try one of those old turbo caravans. look at the first two posted here