Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#98440 - 01/07/05 10:31 AM What to tell the shop?
hot2000gtp Offline
Loc: Cleveland Ohio
Ok im going to delete the ubend.. should i buy it off pfyc?

I really don't want to buy it off there, so what should i tell the shop if i want them to fabricate one for me,what do i exactly need

Is it easier just to buy it of pfyc?

Oppinions please confused
#98441 - 01/07/05 10:47 AM Re: What to tell the shop?
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
from what ive read you can get a competent exhaust shop/welder to make one for you for about the price you pay for the PFYC u-bend install included.

i like the PFTC unit even though i dont have one is that the unit comes with the hole alrready drilled so you can just put the new O2 sensor in there no problem..
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#98442 - 01/07/05 11:12 AM Re: What to tell the shop?
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
That depends a lot on the exhaust shop ,it is a simple fabrication for a competant shop but a lot of these shops are not into custom work,I suggest buying the PFYC piece just for the simplicity .
#98443 - 01/07/05 11:15 AM Re: What to tell the shop?
hot2000gtp Offline
i dont have to buy a new 02 sensor do I?
#98444 - 01/07/05 11:21 AM Re: What to tell the shop?
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by hot2000gtp:
i dont have to buy a new 02 sensor do I?
If your GP has low to okay mileage and have no problems, I wouldn't worry. However, if your GP has mid to high mileage, it would a good idea since it's easier to change since it's out in the open.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#98445 - 01/07/05 11:22 AM Re: What to tell the shop?
Chico Offline
No if they can manage to get your old 02 sensor out without damaging it ,a note a lot of shops will try to sell you a new sensor DO'NT buy it have them install the old sensor it's a simple task to spoof the rear sensor and it in no way effects performance,the rear sensor only funtion is to monitor the cats performance.
#98446 - 01/07/05 11:24 AM Re: What to tell the shop?
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
no you do not but its an idae to keep in the back of your head cause i dont how old your sensor is.

but you live in the buckeye state so i imagine the winters plus all that road salt has probaly made the unit hard to remove.

i remember crossing into Ohio from Indiana one time and i was on I-70 when somebody came on my big radio and said welcome to Ohio, now slow the f@#& down, i said who the hell is this!!, next thing i know i saw a blue flash in the medium and the voice said ME, you wanna talk about it some more? i said naw thats alright. thank you

p.s. i aint throwin no iron!!! cool
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#98447 - 01/07/05 11:50 AM Re: What to tell the shop?
Chico Offline
You know that you be much happier with a complete 3" dp and hi-flow cat this would eliminate your u-bend at the same time ,for a decent deal for a complete bolt on go over to CGP and check with TEXAN32 he makes them up at a reasonable price .
#98448 - 01/07/05 01:16 PM Re: What to tell the shop?
InitialDGP Offline
Loc: Germantown, Maryland USA
Its entirely on the muffler shop, drop the "U-bend" and "o2 needs to be switched to the new fabricated u-bend" and see who says "Yea we can do that no problem itll be around 70 bucks, itll take an hour" If they dont say something around these lines id hang up, ive heard a couple awful stories about going to guys who were pretending to know what theyre doing and mucked up especially for how simple a project it is.

Ask BEFORE you put it in if they feel that switching the old o2 will be any problem at all, if they say no your good, if they suggest you might want to buy a new o2 because theyre not sure I would go somewhere else, I watched the guys do mine its a VERY simple procedure.
Modified 2001 Grand Prix GT 3800 Red/Orange Kills: Acura RSX type-S, Early 90's Rx-7, Mustang 5.0GT, Modded Cavalier, Assorted Civics, Assorted Integras, Sentra SE-R Spec-V, F-150, Early Modded Golf, Modded GP SE, Stock GP GT, Altima 2.5S, Maxima. Killed By: Modded RSX-S, Heavily Modded Older RX-7, 2005 Altima 3.5, VW Bora Modded, Modded Turbo'd Jetta. Now retired till further modification.
#98449 - 01/07/05 10:09 PM Re: What to tell the shop?
hot2000gtp Offline
well the mechanic i go to is a family best friend so he will give me a know bs assesmenton the o2 sensor or the fabrication...

chico, im sure i would be happy with the catback and dp but i dont have the money what is affordable from your guy....

I have to pay tuition mad mad mad
#98450 - 01/08/05 12:44 AM Re: What to tell the shop?
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Quote:
Originally posted by hot2000gtp:
Ok im going to delete the ubend.. should i buy it off pfyc?

I really don't want to buy it off there, so what should i tell the shop if i want them to fabricate one for me,what do i exactly need

Is it easier just to buy it of pfyc?

Oppinions please confused
Hello,

If you're going to have a shop install it, don't buy the PFYC part....You will still have to pay for shop charges....Material would be 1/2 of the part, if not less. I've heard of several people having a delete fabricated with labor for less then $80.
When you talk to your mechanic, tell him that there's a restriction in the exhaust right after the catalytic converter. The pipe goes from round, to flat, then goes back to round. You would like to replace it with straight pipe, and let him know that the O2 is part of the assembly. If he's used to working on exhaust, he will know exactly what you are talking about when the car is in the air.

Later now,
Clint

http://pdxcgp.com