Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2142 - 05/22/06 01:06 PM CAI Project
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
I've been searching and there are a lot of good information for a home made CAI. My Cone will be here until July caue my friend had a delay.

I have some questions.

1. Which other cars had the 99+ Coolant Bottle?

2. This bottle can use the same little hose i'm using with the stock 97 one?, do i just have to unplug and plug into the 99+?

3. I've seen a lot of pics of your CAI's and there are some that are using some kind of aluminium tube, is there any difference on the sound because this material?

4. With my little mod's (Ubend Deleted and dual muffs, and this high flow silencer tube) theorically how much HP's will i get with a CAI?

5. About the PCM, do you have some pics of the relocation?, do i have to unplug and plug something or just relocate it?

1997 GP GT.

Thanks!

PS i read about a guy who made some kind of plans on AutoCad sometime, did you get them?

Alex. cheers

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#2143 - 05/22/06 01:29 PM Re: CAI Project
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I can really only comment on #5.

You can leave it connected and just use zip ties to strap it down to the car.

If you want to use one of those PCM trays, I found it was easiest to disconnect the PCM (just two small nuts) before I installed the tray.
#2144 - 05/22/06 11:06 PM Re: CAI Project
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
1. To my knowledge the Coolant bottle is exclusive to the GP. If anything the Regal would be similar, but I wouldn't bet on it.
2. The hose should be the same but much shorter, and keeping it, and the bottle away from the pullies and belts will be your biggest challenge. I've seen as little as nothing.... to Zip ties to a screw holding everything together.
3. Plastic here. Prolly not much difference in sound.
4. I'm guessing 5HP Max.
5. I built my box to allow the PCM to rest in the bottom. It's not strapped in, but it's not going anywhere.

http://pdxcgp.com
#2145 - 05/23/06 12:53 AM Re: CAI Project
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by crimpton:

4. I'm guessing 5HP Max.
But it will make it SOUND so much cooler too!
#2146 - 05/23/06 05:15 AM Re: CAI Project
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
The 99 coolant comes with the hose,and sorry but the PCM tray will not work for a 97 as the pcm is larger for this year so just lay it flat and zip tie it down,asfor the intake tube you can use a 99+ f-duct or any other tubing but it's a good idea to insulate it with some type of insulation,asa far as design make a cardboard template thew build of tin or plexi,I would say hp gains would be from 5-10 hp but remember it will become a necessary rung in the mod ladder.Chico.
#2147 - 05/23/06 10:07 AM Re: CAI Project
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
... remember it will become a necessary rung in the mod ladder.Chico.
Sorry Chico I don't understand this sentence, could you explain it to me?

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#2148 - 05/24/06 06:45 AM Re: CAI Project
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Modding is like a ladder each step will compliment the next step (a rung is a step on the ladder) .Chico.