Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#26368 - 01/30/07 10:46 PM Ed morad, have anybody bought things from him?
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I seen a link tonight for his website for my friend because his trans is making noise and shifts real hard when the tranny shift gears and the dealership told him his valve body is going bad, so he wants to get another trans but I doing the search for him and he has a 02 grand prix se and I see some prices on ed morad and I could not believe it but wanted to ask if anyone here have dealt with him far as transmissions from him and on a rating of 1 to 5 how good is it and if my friend decides to go with this, will the money be well worth it.
#26369 - 01/30/07 10:48 PM Re: Ed morad, have anybody bought things from him?
20gtp02 Offline
He is highly recommended on this site. I purchased a gew items from him. It all came, and no problems. Some of the communication with him seems a little unorganized, but he has lots of parts and seems quite helping and honest.

#26370 - 01/30/07 11:18 PM Re: Ed morad, have anybody bought things from him?
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
I ordered my bumper covers from him. He responded decently fast and sent them out quick, only complaint is a lost grill and some scuffs on the bumpers. Mainly a packaging issue. He's also said he would send me another grill, but I haven't got around to asking for it yet.

I'd use him again.
#26371 - 01/30/07 11:46 PM Re: Ed morad, have anybody bought things from him?
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
You can definetly trust him. He literally has thousands of happy customers.

Personally I've purchased 4 or 5 things from him and since he lives close to my college, I usually drive to his shop (its pretty cool).
#26372 - 01/30/07 11:54 PM Re: Ed morad, have anybody bought things from him?
Dre da GP man Offline
Ok thats good, but how do everyone feel about buying a tranny from him because my friend don't have the money to get it done from the dealership, side shops, etc. And if he gets the tranny, should he just get a shop to install it when he recieves it.
#26373 - 01/31/07 12:49 AM Re: Ed morad, have anybody bought things from him?
RooK Offline
I'm planning on buying an L67 droppout from him eventually.

If your bud hasn't worked on removing the powertrain from a transverse vehicle before and/or this is his only vehicle, I'd let a shop do it. Honestly, if he's planning on keeping it for a long time, take your money to ZZP and have them drop in one of theirs w/ free install when you drive there. It's not cheap, but quality costs money.
#26374 - 01/31/07 02:24 AM Re: Ed morad, have anybody bought things from him?
Dre da GP man Offline
How much rook is zzp. We live in Virginia so I doubt theres a shop here in Alexandria, Virginia.
Were is the shop were you drive there and get free install.

Yes me or my friend don't know how to put in transmissions or nobody we know, but if the zzp thing don't work out for my friend can he just take it to a shop and have them install it.(give some examples of shops you recommend thats popular)
#26375 - 01/31/07 03:38 PM Re: Ed morad, have anybody bought things from him?
RooK Offline
http://zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=150
It's not cheap, but it will last. The place is in Grand Rapids, MI.

The only other tranny I would consider is Dynotech, but there's no free install.
http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/dynotech-hipro-transmissions-p-140.html
#26376 - 02/01/07 02:59 PM Re: Ed morad, have anybody bought things from him?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
check with your local shops and see how much they charge to install a tranny.

Keep in mind that Ed Morads stuff is used. But i have dealt with him a few times, and he has been awesome