Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#148108 - 02/18/07 11:11 PM Hey AustinGTP
The Fridge Offline
Loc: Green Bay Wisconsin
I was looking at the photoalbum, nice car by the way, and i noticed the red piece on the bottom of the front end. Between the foglights.

what did you do for that, if you don't mind me asking? is that a painted grille, or is it solid?

or is it somthing that you made?

i get if it is some personal customization that you don't want everybody to have.

Thanks,
Ryan

CAI, 180deg thermostat

If Your Drinking A Coke Please PM Me The Code Eh?
#148109 - 02/19/07 08:27 AM Re: Hey AustinGTP
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Red powder coated grills from www.customcargrills.com.

I bought a set of black powder coated grills, but was unhappy with how the lowers looked, because with them being black, you could barley see them.
I had just painted various pcs under my hood red, so I decided to try to paint the lowers red, and I thought they turned out to look pretty good. Nott too much, just subtle enough to not over power any other color.
After a couple of months, I noticed that the red painted lowers were getting all chipped up, real bad too. Went online and saw the red powder coated set, but the mesh that I had wasn't available in pwdercoated red. I had to buy a set of tighter mesh in the red. I put the red uppers in, but I thought they were too much, a bit over powering in color.

thumbsup

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#148110 - 02/19/07 08:47 AM Re: Hey AustinGTP
The Fridge Offline
Loc: Green Bay Wisconsin
Thanks, for the quick reply. Congrats on your win the other day.

CAI, 180deg thermostat

If Your Drinking A Coke Please PM Me The Code Eh?