Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11493 - 03/26/07 10:10 AM Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
Hey guys, I've been away from the boards for a while, been kind of hard keeping up with everything after getting engaged and trying to plan a wedding, anyhow, I trust everyone is still doing good and is up to the usual. Well aside from salutations, I'm wondering if you guys could keep our eyes pealed for me. This morning, on my way to work I hit a deer while I was doing about 55mph I just barely clipped it but it was enough to destroy my hood, passenger fender, and headlight. I'm just wondering if any of you has seen or knows someone with a hood they are getting rid of. I'm not really worried about the fender but the hood is pretty large so I would like to find someone fairly close, maybe 100 miles. Anyhow, if any of you guys happen to see a hood for sale somewhere around indiana, PLEASE let me know, as I would like to get her back in driving condition asap. Much thanks

4rsssfed

-update-

pics

new parts tomorrow and I've decided I'm getting it painted, so, next comes the body work and the primer laugh

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#11494 - 03/26/07 11:31 AM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
mrcooms Offline
Loc: Midland, MI
Damn, sorry to hear about your luck 4rsssfed, crappy way to start the week. Maybe you can wind up with a hood with some scoops in it out of the deal though. smile Good luck with your search.
18" Zinik Manardi wheels, 245/45/18 Kelly HP tires, JBL Door speakers and tweeters, Pioneer rear speakers, JBL 4 channel amp for internal speakers, JBL 2 Channel amp for sub, custom fiberglass box and JBL dual voice coil sub in the trunk.

Upcoming projects: CAI build, repaint calipers, paint more stuff in engine compartment.
#11495 - 03/26/07 11:55 AM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
WOW that hurts! One name comes to mind about it, might wanna shoot him an email and see what kind of pricing he can get ya! (talking about Ed by the way, haha)
#11496 - 03/26/07 12:52 PM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Yeah, Ed should be decently close by. Might as well ask.

BTW, my mom hit a deer about 3 days ago. Didn't hurt the car, but left fur stuck in body seams.
#11497 - 03/26/07 02:20 PM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
WOW that hurts! One name comes to mind about it, might wanna shoot him an email and see what kind of pricing he can get ya! (talking about Ed by the way, haha)
first person i messaged

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#11498 - 03/26/07 05:51 PM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
you might even be able to save on shipping by picking it up...

and pick up a new fender, headlight etc. from him
#11499 - 03/26/07 06:47 PM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I know a place here that you can get cheap body parts for, just primmed tho, you would have to take and get painted, got a fender for my truck, only $25 new, and same guage steel as OEM and fit exactly on
#11500 - 03/26/07 07:17 PM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
last week there was someone giving away a stock hood, but I'm not sure of any details on it, might check that out in the classifieds section of ClubGP, that might save you come money, other than that, ED (but I see you've already sent him a message)
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#11501 - 03/30/07 08:46 AM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
put some pics up, new parts coming tomorrow, then paint, more pics soon

#11502 - 03/31/07 01:22 AM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I've lost two cars to deer...I dont care what anybody says about "Bambi" but them sucker do some terrible damage...and then have the nerve to get up and run away. I keep a close eye pelled when I go back and forth to work cuz we got em all over out there...hope you get her straight soon. thumbsup

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#11503 - 03/31/07 11:27 PM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Sorry to see the car like that..... I drive in deer infested areas when I visit my folks..... Scares the hell out of me since I got the GTP.... Not so much Before the GTP... wink

Hey, can I ask a favor?

Not sure if the '98's have it but if they do, down by your windshield washer reservoir is a ceramic horseshoe looking device. If it's there, can you take a picture of that so other GP'ers can get an idea where, and what the Fuel Pump Resistor is?

http://pdxcgp.com
#11504 - 04/02/07 08:38 AM Re: Deer in Headlights... (updated with pics)

Got it back together yesterday, parts from ed... I think I'll take a week off from the car and start the body work saturday

Sorry crimpton I didnt see your post until after I had it back together, however, in about 2 or 3 weeks I should have the front cover off again for paint and such so I will be sure to take a pic then for ya