Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64475 - 05/25/07 11:59 AM Feedback on ResponsEdge Tires
Richard Candelario Offline
It's been 6 months(ish) that I've had Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge tires on my GP. While they do provide great traction on all roads, decent grip on dirt, good reliability on wet roads, are silent and very smooth, I've noticed that my front tires are now getting close to the wear bars. Easy fix is to rotate the tires to get another 6 months out of them, but that means these performance touring radials will last me about a year. Not a good investment.

In defense of Goodyear, though, they did tell me that they are really soft tires and that they do not have any mileage warranty at all. I am to expect to go through these tires really quick.

At 125 USD per tire, I would not recommend these tires for a DD, but are great for track days or if the owner were to be doing a lot of street/road racing.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#64476 - 05/25/07 04:15 PM Re: Feedback on ResponsEdge Tires
Steve1971 Offline
Loc: Saint Paul
The GoodYear tires I have on my GT are pretty good and are holding up well. But after on 3 mos they are showing wear and that could be from all the driving I do. I have been thinking of switching to BridgeStone Potenza's for my next tire. I have been in contact with some BridgeStone reps and they of course want me to buy their tire. I have heard alot of good things about Bridgestone.
#64477 - 05/25/07 04:17 PM Re: Feedback on ResponsEdge Tires
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Potenzas are awesome. I had some on my GT and as soon as I'm able, the GTP is getting them too.
#64478 - 05/25/07 04:30 PM Re: Feedback on ResponsEdge Tires
Arc, the Potenzas, how many mile warranty do they have and how rigid is the sidewall? Are they runflats? How aggressive are they at holding the road?

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#64479 - 05/25/07 04:55 PM Re: Feedback on ResponsEdge Tires
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
Hi Richard,
You can find info on the various models of Potenzas here: Tire Rack cheers
#64480 - 05/25/07 05:31 PM Re: Feedback on ResponsEdge Tires
why dont I think to check that before askin? thanks, Blackarrow.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#64481 - 01/07/08 12:51 PM Re: Feedback on ResponsEdge Tires
Just to close out my experience with the ResponsEdge.

I do believe that I will be going back to ResponsEdge. Right after I get max wear out of these Potenzas.

My opinions are still the same as above. EXCEPT that the ResponsEdge now come with a 50,000-mile warrranty. The one thing that did change was the fact I found a nail in the corner between the tread and the sidewall.

When I took a closer look, I saw that the nail had entered at an angle, and was bent back on itself. My one thought was that the nail was bent upon entering the tire. Not so. there was a sliver of rubber between the head and point. Maybe it slid in bent? Nope. No other rubber was ripped, torn, punctured, frayed, or otherwise damaged. The nail had went in, hit the Kevlar and carbon fiber, and got bent back the other way.

All in all, good tire that returned every penny I put into it

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#64482 - 01/07/08 06:49 PM Re: Feedback on ResponsEdge Tires
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Richard I agree with everything you have said about them. I've had mine on for 16 months probably around 30,000 miles or more and they're still great in the rain and snow. Just the other day I drove through several inches of snow on the road without problems (obviously not full speed).

I'm not so sure about the kevlar protecting you from the nail, though. I was under the impression that is there to reduce rolling and to insulate against sound. If it was effective against nails they'd probably be advertising so. But, maybe.... I haven't had a flat yet!
#64483 - 01/07/08 06:58 PM Re: Feedback on ResponsEdge Tires
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
i have goodyear ragatta 2's and i am not a fan yes goodyear makes some good tires but the tires i have are not one of them ... they are a very very hard tread with a 75,000 mile life but i wish i would have gotten a softer tire with a better ride