Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66007 - 06/07/08 02:08 PM Motor mount in, now what?
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Well i got the mount that Lone sent me, I put the mount in, and now when im going back to put the coil packs back on the mount doesnt have the correct bolts to fit the threads in the mount I've talked to my dad about this and hes going to see about going to hardware store to see if he can find the right one for the mount. Does anyone know the correct size so I can pitch in some help on finding the right size of bolt that holds the coil packs onto the mount on the top end swap upper passenger mount?

Pic of mount

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#66008 - 06/07/08 02:13 PM Re: Motor mount in, now what?
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
As far as holding the mount to the head, use the same 2 bolts you took off on the old mount.

Also, you don'ts just swap the coil packs over. You have to swap that enitre ignition control module.

On the old one, just underneath the coil packs, you should have had to unbolt and unplug a connector. It was kind of a wide, short connector with a bolt in the middle.

The piece that that connector bolted into is what you need to swap over as well. The coil packs will sit on top of that.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#66009 - 06/07/08 02:18 PM Re: Motor mount in, now what?
GTPCompG Offline
Yup I do realise that that peice needs to be swapped for aswell I wouldnt of dared just putting the coils there i was just showing in that pic that theres no way the bolts fit. I tried many times to get them in and they dont stay so theres obviously threaded diffrent. I'm not talking about the bolts that go to the head, im talking about the ones that hold the coil packs down...lol.

#66010 - 06/08/08 04:33 PM Re: Motor mount in, now what?
GTPCompG Offline
Went to hardware store, I took the mount w/ me and found the bolts that go onto the mount to hold the ignition coils down. Unfortauntley the top 4 went in fine but the bottom ones a little iffy on if its gonna hold to the test of time to keep down the ignition coils for 1 and 4 cylinders. I really wanna find the correct bolt size for it so I dont have to worry, does anyone have any idea?

#66011 - 06/08/08 10:09 PM Re: Motor mount in, now what?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
junkyard?