Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#87551 - 12/27/08 01:55 PM where to run lines from the trunk?
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Well I am drawing up some sketches for trunk ideas.
I want to mount my pump and reservoir for my i/c and also my pump and reservoir for my meth/water injection in the trunk to keep the engine bay tidy. I can also sound proof the compartments they'll be in so no one can hear the loud pumps.

To do this I would need to run two 5/8" hoses and two smaller hoses (maybe 1/4" or smaller?) from the trunk to the engine bay. Is their a hole in the trunk to be able to run these? Like in the spare tire compartment? I know people have mounted large reservoirs in the trunk. Just want to know if their is a good spot to run these lines from the trunk, underneath the car and into the bay.
#87552 - 12/27/08 02:05 PM Re: where to run lines from the trunk?
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Well being in the trunk a lot with car audio components I've never seen any holes leading out even under spare. I like your idea though and hopefully it works out. How do you think you'll sound proof the trunk? Gonna use like a sound dampening mat?

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#87553 - 12/27/08 02:15 PM Re: where to run lines from the trunk?
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
How do you think you'll sound proof the trunk? Gonna use like a sound dampening mat?

Haha.

No, I may line the walls with some cork or something cheap.
#87554 - 12/27/08 02:52 PM Re: where to run lines from the trunk?
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
dynamat for deadening, and for holes, get a hole saw,and some rubber grommits and make your own so then you can put them someplace nice and keep them hidden,
#87555 - 12/27/08 03:06 PM Re: where to run lines from the trunk?
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
dynamat for deadening, and for holes, get a hole saw,and some rubber grommits and make your own so then you can put them someplace nice and keep them hidden,
I'm thinking that's what I'm going to have to do is break out the holesaw. I'm going to build a false floor so that all hoses and wires from the amp/pumps/reservoirs are hidden.

I would need a lot of dynamat for that. I already dynamat'ed the body of the one pump to help a bit. I think cork will be a cost-effective solution. If that's still too loud I'll just turn my speakers up.
#87556 - 12/27/08 06:16 PM Re: where to run lines from the trunk?
MAC GTP Offline
Loc: Willow Grove,PA
if you wanted to you could run it outside of the car.

before you all freak out ive seen it done with a guys nitrous system.

the underbody of the car had a long flat bottom piece that kinda looks like a boat hull haha. but you take out the spare tire and drill a small hole thru that metal but not into the hull thing. ( im trying my best to discribe lol ive just seen it not actualy did it.) then run it to the front of the car and there are already holes you can run it into to the engine bay. then put the spare back in and thats all.

im not sure if it will work its just an idea.

hope it somewhat helps or sparks other ideas.
#87557 - 12/27/08 06:51 PM Re: where to run lines from the trunk?
r.s.hutchinson Offline
well thats what I would do, is run it along the frame rail.

I think i'm just going to relocate the battery to the trunk.

Running all those lines is alot of work. If I move the battery I can mount both my pumps there. The washer bottle is right close so I can just tap into that for my meth injection. And then i'll have to mount my res for my i/c somewhere.

I haven't decided yet as I think what I have in mind for the trunk would be sweet and it wouldn't clutter up the engine bay.
#87558 - 12/27/08 11:18 PM Re: where to run lines from the trunk?
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Why not mount some of it under the passenger seat?

Meth injection can be done with the windshield washer bottle iirc.

And putting the IC pump that far back is a poor idea. It's going to lose flow rate and pressure.

You can mount the pumps to the frame up front by the wheel wells. That's where the IC pumps usually go. Just get some self-taping screws and have at it.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#87559 - 12/28/08 05:50 PM Re: where to run lines from the trunk?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Run it under the car. Away from the exhaust and you should be fine. Just get under there and look.
#87560 - 12/29/08 08:26 AM Re: where to run lines from the trunk?
20gtp02 Offline
The spare tire hole has one or two holes punched out with grommets already, if that helps you out any.