Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116184 - 08/25/09 05:19 PM time for new tint window since I got busted by police
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I never pulled over by police since Nov. 2003. That's really long time. lol

Got busted for front door tint window & no front plate.

That's suck but what can I do about that. I just got warning so no fine for me. Law is law I guess... Police wants me put front door window for 50%. The rest of them that he is okay with that as long it is any % for Ohio law.

Mine is all 10% around. It does look sweet but I hate it for night time since I work night shift. I guess time to change for now.

So should I put 50% only on front door and keep 10% rest in back? Or take it all out and put all 50% to match?

I'm disappointed about front plate cover. I guess I will use that for car show or grand prix meeting. It is going to be ugly when I will install it back tomorrow. frown
#116185 - 08/25/09 05:23 PM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
i would do 30% all around because 50% is really not like having tint at all. either that or when you are about to pass a cop just roll down your 2 front windows. They really only pull people over because they cant see who is driving. Also, did he give you a "Written" Warning aka warning ticket or a "verbal" warning?

And with the front plate thing, just keep your plate in the car some where and when they pull you over next just make up some excuse as to why the plate is not on and tell them that you have it right here and you can put it on right now.

yes, lol ive been pulled over many times for these reasons so i know how to deal with them... lol

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#116186 - 08/25/09 05:36 PM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
So now actual ticket? Do you have to show the police or something? Why not keep it... Unless they look out for you.
#116187 - 08/25/09 05:55 PM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by '01 GT:
i would do 30% all around because 50% is really not like having tint at all. either that or when you are about to pass a cop just roll down your 2 front windows. They really only pull people over because they cant see who is driving. Also, did he give you a "Written" Warning aka warning ticket or a "verbal" warning?

And with the front plate thing, just keep your plate in the car some where and when they pull you over next just make up some excuse as to why the plate is not on and tell them that you have it right here and you can put it on right now.

yes, lol ive been pulled over many times for these reasons so i know how to deal with them... lol
Only thing is you'll end up getting pulled over again regardless and bam, busted for tint again and that time it will be a fix-it ticket and you will have no choice.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#116188 - 08/25/09 07:45 PM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
palsut Offline
Yeah, a warning ticket since I never pulled over since 2003. He know I have a good driving record so he let me off hook instead fine me. I told him that I will fix everything to make legal so he believe my word. I will go tint shop tomorrow to make appointment for get it out and replace 50% on front door only. I will leave rest of them alone. I'm sure you all disagree but what can I do. I can't afford make other ticket if I pulled over twice and pay fine. Gotta make everything legal so I won't get trouble again. There are many polices on highway to catch speeding people. I spend 90% on the highway. I have seen polices park in middle of highway sometimes. I'm sure he will remember that sexy silver Pontiac Grand Prix coming his way someday lol

The front plate... if I can put front plate on dashboard. If it doesn't work then I will take plate cover out and put it on the bumper.

I'm surprised that police is okay with tint taillights and tint plate cover on my rear bumper.
#116189 - 08/25/09 09:25 PM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
50% for tint? Wow, that sucks. lol It's 35% here.

Question, palsut, if you don't mind me asking. How do you and the officer communicate, if you're deaf? I hope I don't sound like a jerk for asking, I'm just curious. lol

As for the front plate, I would put it on the dashboard and see if anything happens. I don't know what the law says about that here in Texas, I just know that two plates are required but no one in my area enforces the front plate. If you get pulled over for it, then tell the officer you can literally spend 45 seconds to put it back on. lol
#116190 - 08/25/09 10:21 PM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
palsut Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:

Question, palsut, if you don't mind me asking. How do you and the officer communicate, if you're deaf? I hope I don't sound like a jerk for asking, I'm just curious. lol

As for the front plate, I would put it on the dashboard and see if anything happens. I don't know what the law says about that here in Texas, I just know that two plates are required but no one in my area enforces the front plate. If you get pulled over for it, then tell the officer you can literally spend 45 seconds to put it back on. lol
Lucky you but I'm glad I have any % on rear door & rear window allowed in Ohio. Since I work night shift, sometimes it is hard to see out there with 10% all around. I always roll the front windows down for night. I guess it is not hurt to get 50% back. I see picture example of 50%. It is not that bad. Little big light but as long it is little dark which it is okay with me.

No problem. Nothing wrong to ask question if I'm deaf. I have note pad on my car as always if I need to talk. When I roll my both front windows down for thinking police want bust tint plate cover or whatever reason why I pulled over. When I gave him a note pad. He almost pick up the gun and thinking note pad is gun? :rolleyes: lol oh please lol I guess safe reason. We talk back and forth on the note pad. He is nice guy but I can understand law is law.

I just put my front plate cover on dashboard. Wow, pretty easy. It just slide down in pass side. Not bad. I will see how it going. It has a great view on the windshield. I hope it is staying there because I really like my front plate cover.
#116191 - 08/25/09 10:51 PM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Is there a day that goes by were you do'nt find a reason to post a pic of one of your cars?Do'nt get me wrong I enjoy posting pics of my car and looking at pics of others but do'nt you think your carrying it to the extreme?Chico(pops)
#116192 - 08/25/09 11:04 PM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
palsut Offline
I'm not really post picture of my "car". I'm post about my tint window look. I just ask them opinion if I should use all 50% around or use 50% front door only and keep rest? From other site (gpona) show lot of pictures from different tint % so I decide use 50% front door and keep rest.
#116193 - 08/25/09 11:23 PM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
andrew383 Offline
Loc: so. indiana
id just go 30% or 35% all around

03 slp-fwi-udp-gmpp-aeroforce
#116194 - 08/26/09 12:00 AM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
BlackTop Vinyl Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Put your license plate in your window, that way you can keep the plate on.
#116195 - 08/26/09 04:19 AM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
gazV6UK Offline
Loc: Canvey Island, UK
I know how you feel about the front plate, having been stopped for having frame around plate and wrong size fonts!!!! Would like to have the front filler, but don't want to risk another pull.

As for tinting, well that's a no; they stop you for breathing out when you should be breathing in over here. UK sucks these days, if I could emigrate I would!!!!
#116196 - 08/26/09 10:12 AM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
Nateball Offline
Loc: Columbia MO
Is there a good way to keep a license plate from sliding around in the front window without jamming it in front of the dash? I did it for a week in my last car, but I hated the way it looked. I'd like to have the plate off my bumper, but it looks almost worse in the window I think.
#116197 - 08/26/09 11:33 AM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:

Be thankful your not in Iowa where its 70% front windows. I think if your windows are dirty they register 70-80%, so you can't get virtually any tint without being legally over. Of course I realize at 50-60% they wouldn't stop you, but if you ran across a mean officer and you get pulled over, watch out.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#116198 - 08/26/09 02:26 PM Re: time for new tint window since I got busted by police
palsut Offline
I went to tint shop this morning. He says nah don't put 50%. Put 30% and CAN see thru. My car will be in tint shop at 6pm appointment tonight (eastern). I'm working night shift so my dad will take care it for me. Tint shop is all booked and busy this week. Damn.... This guy who still work tint shop remember me when I got my car tint on April 2008. My car was bone stock as SE model on April 2008. He just like damn... my car have been huge change since then lol

The front plate slide down to dashboard near windshield. That's better than nothing.