Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138215 - 12/21/09 06:00 PM transmission lines
derxrip98 Offline
Loc: Delaware, Ohio
it's a been a long time since i've been here and i'm hoping everything is all good still.

my 1998 GP GT has been running very smoothly (212K mi) recently with a just a little hiccup now. my lower transmission line is corroded and leaking a little bit of fluid and so i want to get both lines replaced just to be safe. so i need to know which ones to get. and any other parts needed as well (connectors, fittings, etc).

on autozone.com it shows 3 kinds of upper and lower lines each. some with an auxiliary cooler and some without and all seemingly different shapes. how do i know which one to get without taking the current one off? i know it would be easier to let the mechanic figure it out but they wanted $70 for a lower line part. that seemed absurd.

thanks for your expertise
#138216 - 12/21/09 07:57 PM Re: transmission lines
macus1305 Offline
Loc: mass
take a look under the car and see were it goes. if it is a cooler line to the rad, take the line you get and bend it to the way you need, dont forget about your fittings, flare the line after putting the fitting on. im pretty sure it is double wall stainless steel line that you need. it is like regular brake line, u might as well paint it with some protectant