Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20843 - 04/20/05 10:59 PM Lowered now
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Got the SE lowered finally.
Got me some used Eibachs.
And some new KYB's.
Oh...got the pogo mod from the dealer too.....Got it all done up today...front took bout an hour and the rear took an hour 45 minutes.

No pogo.....and no vibration at all. Handles great too.

lowered the front about 2 inches and the rears between 2 1/8 and 2 1/4........

Looks good.
I know I know...PICS.... I will take some tomorrow and get them on here...I PROMISE...LOL
#20844 - 04/20/05 11:06 PM Re: Lowered now
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
That's awsome! Does it feel like it's riding on a rail?

...and all ready for TMS too.

What about the exhaust? Are you getting Daves?

thumbsup

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#20845 - 04/20/05 11:17 PM Re: Lowered now
TexasGP Offline
rides like on a rail! LOL

Thinking about getting it after TMS....just shoot up there real quick on Sunday. I'm heading up to Arkansas to pick up side skirts an a rear bumper cover, and the guy has exhaust too....gonna see if he can sell it to me for 40 bucks or so...if not, I'll get Daves for sure.

need paint now!!!!! lol
#20846 - 04/20/05 11:24 PM Re: Lowered now
WYTHE Offline
Loc: Campbell River B.C.
Whats the pogo mod?
#20847 - 04/20/05 11:55 PM Re: Lowered now
TexasGP Offline
just a retianer for the top of the strut...

http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/mods.asp?modid=68
#20848 - 04/21/05 08:28 AM Re: Lowered now
AustinGTP Offline
Did you replace the strut mounts too?
Please tell me you did. frown

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#20849 - 04/21/05 09:11 AM Re: Lowered now
TexasGP Offline
I have the fronts on order.......will put them on when they get here.....no big deal since I have a shop here at work with a lift and air....take no time at all.......just wanted these springs on already...lol
#20850 - 04/21/05 09:37 AM Re: Lowered now
AustinGTP Offline
As long as you have it in your near future plans.
Mine broke thought about a month after I had my KYB's installed.

#20851 - 04/21/05 10:21 AM Re: Lowered now
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Hey Texas,

Where'd you get the KYB's? Did you get them through the deal with clubgp and performance parts?
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#20852 - 04/21/05 08:28 PM Re: Lowered now
TexasGP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by framos242:
Hey Texas,

Where'd you get the KYB's? Did you get them through the deal with clubgp and performance parts?
Sure did...cheap too.

Austin...I gotta check my rears....they are making a clunking noise....like something isn't tighned right......
#20853 - 04/21/05 08:39 PM Re: Lowered now
RawGTP Offline
Loc: HAYWARD,CA
now that you guys mention it i lowered my car too. but ever since i lowered it got this terrible vibration when taking off from a stop
i ordered kyb struts and they are on their way. i'm thinking that the axles got something to do with it. but anyways i was reading what you guys were chatting and what's in the "pogo mod" and where can i get one??

Just how I dreamed it to have it!!
#20854 - 04/21/05 11:39 PM Re: Lowered now
TexasGP Offline
scroll up....I have a link up there.
Also...what springs did you use...???

And do you get a loud thump in the rear? Like something is bouncing around when you hit a bump?
#20855 - 04/22/05 08:44 AM Re: Lowered now
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
Quote:
Originally posted by framos242:
[b] Hey Texas,

Sure did...cheap too.

Austin...I gotta check my rears....they are making a clunking noise....like something isn't tighned right...... [/b]
Mmm...
Yeah, get under there and make sure you got everything tight. Check all the bolts. When I installed my GMPP handling kit, I forgot the tighten one of the rear sway bar bolts. Made a nasty clunking noise.