Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#73069 - 09/10/05 09:25 PM 2003 GTP...check engine light came on??
maltb Offline
Loc: Canada
Hi all,

I have a 2003 Grand Prix GTP which I've only had for about 10 months. A week ago I removed the stock air box to put in a K&N cone shaped air filter with a pipe, which required me to reposition the pcm. 2 days ago I had the 3.4" pulley mod put in at one of my local auto shops. Everything ran great, but tonight I started up the car and all I can smell is gas, the 2 rear exhausts were blowing out alot of white exhaust smoke, I checked for gas leaks but there was absolutely no leaks anywhere! The check engine symbol comes on and stays on when the car starts.

Any help or trouble shooting tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance! BTW, the car runs fine, no smell of gas anymore, and the white smoke from the exhaust seems to have gone back to normal but the check engine light is still on?
#73070 - 09/10/05 09:36 PM Re: 2003 GTP...check engine light came on??
boosnark1 Offline
Loc: Cartersville, GA
take the car to a good mechanic/dealership to find out what codes were tripped. Then you can get an idea what is going on.
Mods: Pulley Boys 3.4" pulley, JimmyC downpipe /w cat, MSD 8.5mm plug wires, Taylor plug boots(Red), NGK TR-55 IX plugs, Thasher CAI, MAP Throttle Body Spacer, MAP Exhaust heat shield, GMPP handling upgrade kit, Energy Suspension Poly bushings, 97-02 Lotek A-pillar(3 gauge), Autometer Sport-Comp guages (boost, oil pressure, transmission temp), SilverStars Halogen bulbs, Blazertech 2200 foglights, Hawk HPS pads, F-body brakes, and rebuilt tranny....