Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#30894 - 03/20/06 09:21 AM EGR Valve
GTPJack Offline
Loc: Hoover, AL
I was looking in some old threads and came across one talking about EGR valves. I have a lot of mileage and want to clean the EGR Valve. How do you remove it to clean it. I don't want to break any thing so I'd better ask you guys who have probably done it before. I'm going to replace the EGR pipe located on the side of the engine leading to the exhaust, I believe it has a small leak. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks GTP Jack

Next: 3" down pipe, SD Ram Air Hood,
#30895 - 03/20/06 09:49 PM Re: EGR Valve
GTPJack Offline
Loc: Hoover, AL
Finally fellas! Since I had my case learn last week, a code popped up,(P0171 fuel too lean). It wasn't there before then, I guess my car had to make major adjustments due to my changing my O2 sensors along with the case learn. I researched what to check for with a car running lean. I found my vacuum leak by spraying carb cleaner around the throttle body gasket and the EGR pipe, I wanted to see if there was some sort of leak and sure enough it was. I could see that it was sucking the fluid in around where the pipe connects to the mounting bracket. I took of the EGR Valve and sprayed carb cleaner on the pindle, it was not really that dirty, but moved more freely after spraying. I also changed my throttle body gasket. I thought my car was running fine, but now it's really responsive. I took it for a ride on the highway, stopped mid trip and I scanned with my pocket OBD II and no code. Thanks to the information that all of you have put into these threads, it really was a big help in me finding my problem. I really learned something throughout this ordeal. I really was considering getting rid of the GTP for fear of burning up the pistons and ruining my engine. Then I couldn't be GTP Jack anymore. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

Thanks to all of you, wink
GTP Jack

Next: 3" down pipe, SD Ram Air Hood,