Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122630 - 05/16/06 12:11 PM Getting Fedup
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
OK for the third time in a row my car has now been towed mad . I was driveing last night when i turned my corner and the car died, and still hasn't yet to start. The car would try and turn over but no juice. I'm getting fuel out of the value and i'm gettin a spark but car isn't going on. when this happen last i changed teh fuel pump relay and it worked now i'm looking at the resitor but (and i beleive i asked this question before) GM and even Pfyc.com don't make a resistor for the GT they say its only for supercharged engines. NOw are there any guys outther with a GT were they changed the Resistor before i start takeing my car apart in the rain. And does anyone have any other solutions, b/c as of right now i'm going to fix the car, and sell it while the value is high and buy a new car, prob a GT but most likely and GTP so.....once again who can help??

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#122631 - 05/16/06 03:16 PM Re: Getting Fedup
Caesar Offline
Loc: Michigan
Have you had the crank positoning sensor replaced? I had similar problems with mine after one day of ownership (bought mine used). My GP died on me a couple of times in a turn like yours. If I remember correctly...it cost about $300 to fix (at the stealership).

Hope this helps.
#122632 - 05/16/06 11:25 PM Re: Getting Fedup
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Might wanna do a forum search and try to find the write-up for replacing the sensor yourself. Only tricky part was pulling the crank pulley with a puller, iirc.
#122633 - 05/18/06 05:53 AM Re: Getting Fedup
97gtpblk Offline
Loc: buffalo ny
For whats its worth, I had a problem w/ my 97gtp, that the car died on me 3x's, while just driving. The thing I did to fix it was, I removed, and dremmeled the ground wires around the motor. These are the major ground wires. I believe there are 3 of them.
Good luck,
KD
#122634 - 05/18/06 11:56 AM Re: Getting Fedup
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Well i chagne the fuel pump out again and now it works.....and i put it up for sale, going to buy either 2002 GTP or 2003 Mustang GT i'm still debating any suggestions

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#122635 - 05/18/06 05:53 PM Re: Getting Fedup
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Big price difference between a GTP and a 'Stang GT. If you can afford the 'Stang and winter driving isn't a consideration, get it. Power is easier to make, addons are cheaper, and usually the service bill is less due to the RWD engine and transmission layout.
#122636 - 05/22/06 02:15 PM Re: Getting Fedup
1BAD97 Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Big price difference between a GTP and a 'Stang GT. If you can afford the 'Stang and winter driving isn't a consideration, get it. Power is easier to make, addons are cheaper, and usually the service bill is less due to the RWD engine and transmission layout.
Power is easier to make? Tell that to the stang guys that get walked all the time. Easy power is IC'ing a GTP, with a full size IC and appropriate pulley, you can put more to the wheels in a GTP than a stang is rated to the crank (260, lol) Oh, then there's those bolt-on turbo kits that put 300+ to the wheels, that can be installed in a weekend.