Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#98339 - 08/01/08 01:27 PM major problem, need help
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Hey I have the Dual climate control, and have had issues lately. First I had no heat coming out on driver side (pass side fine) then no AC on DR side (pass side fine again) the modes changed no problem. then nothing either side. Turned out my car was low on freon, now I have heat going and AC depending on where control is set. Now problem is I have no control of where the air blows. If it's on cold, it blows thru dash like it should. Go to hot, and I have no control, blows only on floor. I have my car torn apart right now, and I am almost to the point of taking my Airbags out so I can get into the HVAC box under the dash to see if something is wrong . Can't afford to have a mechanic fix it ($$1000 approx), so I'm trying to do this myself. does anybody have any ideas as to what might be the problem? I have already replaced my driver side blend door acuator, and the dealership thinks that something is broke in the big HVAC box, causing my problems. I ahve checked the vaccuum lines, and none appear to be broken, so I am at a loss. I don't want to completely disassemble my car if I don't have to. Anybody got any ideas what/how/why,etc?

any logical help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
major problem, need help Dementeddj 08/01/08 01:27 PM
Re: major problem, need help HercMan(Rob) 08/01/08 01:53 PM
Re: major problem, need help Dementeddj 08/01/08 04:49 PM
Re: major problem, need help crimpton 08/01/08 09:09 PM
Re: major problem, need help Dementeddj 08/02/08 06:06 PM
Re: major problem, need help crimpton 08/03/08 01:18 AM
Re: major problem, need help Dementeddj 08/03/08 01:38 AM
Re: major problem, need help HercMan(Rob) 08/03/08 09:54 AM
Re: major problem, need help Dementeddj 08/03/08 12:26 PM