Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else?

Posted by: 98 gtp girl

Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/20/07 09:54 PM

is that all on the models and can someone tell me the difference please i mean with the motors...obviously i have a gtp but clueless about Gxp???i think thats right i was told they have a V8 and supercharger then a V6 with 2 superchargers lol what is it????
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/20/07 10:06 PM

GTP- Supercharged V6 (3800)
GT- NA V6 (3800) GP with more standard options
SE- NA V6 (3100/3800) Basic version of the GP
GXP- NA V8 (5.3L) 06+ years only?
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/20/07 10:11 PM

Also theres the GTX, its the same as GTP but has CAI, Hood scoops, and nice 17 inch wheels and exhaust from SLP.Performance (division under GM)

and I think theres more but somebody else will chime in on it with the correct answer.
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/20/07 10:23 PM

I'm sure somewhere, someone put an "R" behind the GT so they have a GT-R. Like all the ricers running around.
There is even a kid on the AF base where I work that put SS emblems on his Monte Carlo LS.
Have you seen the video on streetfire.net with the special edition Mustang GTR. LOL
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/53f034d3-4762-4977-924a-c5ce38c2d1d7.htm
Posted by: RooK

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/20/07 10:27 PM

I want to drive a Grand Prix SS!
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/20/07 10:31 PM

Special Editions
Limited Editions
Gold Package Editions
Daytona Pace Car Editions
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/20/07 10:32 PM

Here's the Limited Editions and 2008 GXP
Posted by: chotchie

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/20/07 10:52 PM

i have daytona 500 woo hoo i regret taking off the decals on the exterior, i didnt realy agree with the purple flag though
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/20/07 11:20 PM

For the record, 'NA' means naturally aspirated, meaning .. no 'charge of any sort. Not supercharged, not turbocharged.

Whoever told you it was a twincharged V6 needs to stop smoking the peyote.

Motor-wise, 98greenGT has it. The SE was offered with the 3800 until 1999ish. SE's kind of had a halfie year for their changes, so it's hard to pinpoint exactly.

The rest of the things these guys are talking about are different trims, but you asked about motors, so try not to get confused. laugh
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/20/07 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 98greenGT:
GTP- Supercharged V6 (3800)
GT- NA V6 (3800) GP with more standard options
SE- NA V6 (3100/3800) Basic version of the GP
GXP- NA V8 (5.3L) 06+ years only?
I believe V-8 GXPs debuted in 2005

http://www.edmunds.com/pontiac/grandprix/2005/index.html
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/21/07 02:32 AM

Yea, the GXP debuted in 2005, and also some SE's in the year 2000's had the 3.8 as well, I've seen a couple on ebay unless the owners put down the wrong year which I highly doubt it.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 11/21/07 06:53 AM

Don't forget the rare bench seat models and Mary Kay Editions. :p
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 12/02/07 11:55 AM

Speaking of Mary Kay editions, I thought Mary Kay only had pink cars. Until yesterday driving home somewhere between Austin and Harper (or was it Fredricksburg?), I saw a silver Mary Kay GP.
Posted by: chotchie

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 12/02/07 01:04 PM

what is the mary kay gp, i never heard of that one or seen it ever, im not saying i dont believe you but i just want to know whats so special about it
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 12/02/07 01:24 PM

It's not just GPs. Wikipedia:
"[edit] The Car
In 1968, Mary Kay Ash purchased the first Pink Cadillac, where it was repainted on site, by the dealership owner, to match the Mountain Laurel Blush in the compact.[35] It was such a good rolling advertisement that Mary Kay Ash decided to reward her top five producers, by providing them with a Pink Cadillac paid for by the company in 1969. Pink was an obvious color choice --- matching the company's eye and lip color palettes. Since 1980, the shade used by the Mary Kay fleet has been exclusive to Mary Kay. Every two years, a Director or National can requalify for a new Cadillac. When the two year lease has expired, the cars are repainted, prior to being auctioned off. The shade of pink has changed over the years. In 1998, the color was changed to "pearlized pink". In honor of its 35th anniversary, the Mary Kay edition, white GMC Jimmy sport utility vehicle was offered in the United States. In 2007, the color changed to either black, or smoky platinum, depending upon which model the consultant chose to lease.

The Mary Kay pink Cadillacs available to qualified directors.In the United States, the 2006 vehicle choice consisted of a Pontiac Vibe, Pontiac Grand Prix or a Cadillac. A Mary Kay director that qualifies for a car may choose from a Cadillac DTS, a Cadillac CTS, or a Cadillac SRX. In 2007 the offered cars were Saturn Vue, Pontiac G6, Pontiac Vibe, Cadillac CTS, and Saturn Aura.[36]

The current (2005)GM (USA) fleet size is 9,870.[37]

In the United Kingdom, Germany, The Netherlands, and Spain, the car is a pink Mercedes-Benz. In Argentina, one receives a pink Ford, while in Taiwan, it is a pink Toyota.[38]. In Australia, one gets to choose between a Ford Falcon, or Volkswagen Beetle.[39] In China, the vehicle is a pink Volkswagen Santana. In the Nordic countries you receive a pink Volvo V50.[40]

The specific qualifications for earning the car depend upon the country, and vehicle that is desired. If those qualifications are not met, then the Car Driver has to pay for a portion of the lease of the car for that month. Meeting the qualifications entitles the Car Driver to pay no monthly lease and 85% of the car insurance, or a pre-determined cash compensation award.[41]

Since the program's inception, more than 100,000 Independent sales force members have qualified for the use of a Career Car or elected the cash compensation option.[8] It is not known how many Directors select the cash option in lieu of the car, but GM estimates that it has built 100,000 pink Cadillacs for Mary Kay.[35]"
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 12/02/07 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
Speaking of Mary Kay editions, I thought Mary Kay only had pink cars. Until yesterday driving home somewhere between Austin and Harper (or was it Fredricksburg?), I saw a silver Mary Kay GP.
That'll be the newer model Platinum "Signature" series. It has a pink "Signature" on the side.
Posted by: ReDgie the WeDgie

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 12/02/07 04:44 PM

there was also a "nautical Grand Prix" created by a dealership on the east coast....It was a limited edition hideous thing with little anchors on the fenders.....
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Gtp,Gt,SE,Gxp what else? - 12/02/07 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
[b] Speaking of Mary Kay editions, I thought Mary Kay only had pink cars. Until yesterday driving home somewhere between Austin and Harper (or was it Fredricksburg?), I saw a silver Mary Kay GP.
That'll be the newer model Platinum "Signature" series. It has a pink "Signature" on the side. [/b]
Interesting. The GP I saw was a newer-generation GP with MARY KAY on the door. No "Signature" any where to be seen. That doesnt mean that it wasnt on the car, I just didnt see the badges. Thanks for education, yall. Didnt realize Mary Kay sprayed their cars in anything but pink.