zzp exhaust?

Posted by: BLEWGTP

zzp exhaust? - 07/25/07 01:37 PM

is it worth it? does anyone have one? i want the stainless steel, but i dont want to pay for the borla system...i have a home made catback now but its starting to rust and the flowmasters still look brand new, so i figured ill use them on my 49 chevy pickup. but anyway, any advantages or disavantages to the zzp turbo catback?

thanks guys
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/25/07 01:41 PM

I wouldn't waste your money. The stock catback is not restrictive enough to merit spending that much money, unless you're really concerned about how your current exhaust looks... put it towards your cam project wink
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/25/07 01:49 PM

most local exhaust shops sell an aluminized pipe or even stainless if you want...stainless will be very pricey...the aluminized pipe on my car still looks good even after two years and numerous muff changes...I agree with drummerboy, your money can be better spent elsewhere.
Posted by: Chico

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/25/07 07:05 PM

I think it's worth going to stainless it will pretty much last the life of the car so you wo'nt revisit that area ,if you plan on keeping the car spend the extra money if not there are cheaper systems .Chico(pops)
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/25/07 09:09 PM

That would be sweet to own, but since we have a 6 and not an 8, its not worth it. I just upgraded from CAT back to the muffs to 2.5". I did not dyno to prove the results, however, while scanning and tuning, I did notice the Fuel trims were off, and it took a few tunes to get them back. The guy at the shop made a custom Y for me to get rid of that annoying T back there. I paid $136.xx (tax included) for one straight 2.5" pipe from CAT to Muffs!! I got a little deeper tone and a little bit louder.

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/26/07 06:13 AM

yea i have a cheap custom built system now, but the guy who made it was a hack, he used 2.5 tubing to the 2.75" inlet on the mufflers without any adaptors or anything, and the whole thing is really crappy looking...now i just want something a little better looking and good sounding...
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/26/07 11:24 PM

On my van, Midas put on a cat-back aluminumized system. I went for an oil change a year later to Midas, they said I needed to have it replaced hence the noise from it. Another $200+

Aluminumized systems just won't last. I still have stock on mine if I ever replace it, I'll put on stainless.

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/27/07 12:24 PM

ok...im pretty sure im gonna order it with no res and the 3"d/p...i kinda want the resonator but i can afford the extra $200, so i guess ill still be buzzing my windows loose
Posted by: RooK

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/27/07 11:25 PM

Go to AutoZone and order a cherry bomb 3" glass pack, 30" long. $30 and you now have a resonator!

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/28/07 08:38 AM

You need a resonator. Do not take it out of your exhaust or you will hate yourself for it.
Posted by: goinpostal

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/28/07 12:36 PM

I agree with those advising to keep the resonator.Don't leave home without it!!!!
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/28/07 10:11 PM

Check out my vid I posted a week or so ago, no resonator, FTW! Very little drone! (stock muffs)

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/29/07 05:13 PM

i dont have one now and dont really mind it, but can the cherry bomb be welded onto the ss without any probs?

thanks for all the help so far guys

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/29/07 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
Check out my vid I posted a week or so ago, no resonator, FTW! Very little drone! (stock muffs)
Man, I'm telling you... if you ever get headers on your car it'll rasp like all h-ll, I liked not having a resonator until I did headers... I guess just opening it up so much killed the tone.
Posted by: framos242

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/30/07 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy1307:
You need a resonator. Do not take it out of your exhaust or you will hate yourself for it.
I don't. devilgrin

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/30/07 08:58 PM

yea i dont think that ill mind it...but im not sure exactly how loud zzps is w/o a resonator...ill probably order it without and if i want one ill order it later...

but will a cherry bomb weld in to the stainless pipe ok?
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/31/07 08:11 AM

Good question. What are those made out of anyway?
Posted by: Chico

Re: zzp exhaust? - 07/31/07 11:09 AM

The cherry bomb is mild steel and yes you can weld to stainless,a word of warning though that cherry bomb will only have any muffleing qualities for about a year.Chico(pops)