Should i get this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3800-Supe...bayphotohosting

ill buy it tomorow
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/30/09 10:32 PM

YES BUY IT RIGHT NOW!
Posted by: Chico

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/30/09 10:46 PM

You may get a little better price if you do'nt use e-bay and contact Ed directly he usually cuts us a better deal!
Posted by: AntGT

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/30/09 11:07 PM

chico yeah i know im planning on do it tomorow im so freaking excited lol.Just sucks that theres no mileage on that s/c
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/30/09 11:07 PM

Ed can get you that exact supercharger. Just talk to him about it before it sells.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/30/09 11:12 PM

That's not really a great deal. As already said, if you deal with Ed directly you can get a better deal but if you search ClubGP long enough you should be able to find one for like half that price.

Also you need to consider if you have the knowledge needed to install this kit on your car. It's doesn't take an expert but you're gonna need a general idea of what's going on. You're also going to need some way to tune the car once it's done.

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/30/09 11:47 PM

my friend goign to do it.He installs S/Cs.

My only question is how do i go about the pcm and can zzp do something for me
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
YES BUY IT RIGHT NOW!
No. Don't buy it. That isn't a great deal at all.

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 12:24 AM

ordonez why?

It comes with almpst everything?

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 12:26 AM

If all you want is a top-swap, you can get everything you need for half that price.
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 12:40 AM

call ed or email him and you will get it cheaper

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:19 AM

ill get thata nd the zzp ss kit thats pretty everything.

How am i supposed to go with the PCM and can the ZZP do it if i buy their pcm

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:20 AM

ordinez what do u meam by if only i want to do top swap?What else can i od right away?
Posted by: ChrisGT

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:24 AM

Corey is right top swap can be had for half that price.

What do you mean by ss kit? Do you mean the install kit? If so why? Your doing a top swap then you switch heads too and the ss kit doesn't include those gaskets. The ss kit is for people who are doing the ss m90 setup. Meaning you keep the l36 heads which means that the injectors still fire into the LIM.

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:49 AM

o ok now i feel pretty dumb.Where do i get the rest of the stuff for a top swap then?

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:50 AM

i told my friend ill have everything for him.
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:52 AM

ummm, Ed, ok look into the FAQ section and find what you need, then what ever you cant get in that kit thats in the FAQ then request from Ed, or post a WTB on some websites like club gp, got3800, or W.e
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:54 AM

If you mean gaskets, research then ZZP search

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:55 AM

hold on would it not be worth it to buy m90 and that kit???It sound cheaper then the hwole top swap

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 02:02 AM

..... The SSm90 kit is a different type of M90 setup. The one you are doing is taking parts from an L67 engine and putting them on an L36 shortblock.

The full SSm90 kits costs more then you think. I don't think you see the full picture. There is the install kit then you have to buy a ported m90 a ported LIM specific for the SSm90 setup, You have to buy billet fuel rails, and a Modular Pulley system too. Then you have to buy injectors and thermostat and spark plugs etc. I was going to do the SSm90 setup before I went turbo.

You are doing a top swap. It is different.

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 02:05 AM

chris i just seen it lol i didnt count the fuel rails.

Yeah ill do the top swap.But where do i buy the rest fo the stuff i need gaskets and the rest of things

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 02:11 AM

jorgs

Thanks i just noticed your posts.

One more time lol.How do i reprogrm my pcm and can ZZP do ti if i get their PCm

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 02:13 AM

Fuel rails and the ported LIM has to have Injectos holes drilled into it since you arn't switching heads. Everything would be specific to the SSm90 kit.

L67 engine the injectors fire into the heads.

L36 engine the injectors fire into the LIM. So you would need there SSm90 LIM.

ZZP can do a out of the box tune.

Anyways ZZP has the gaskets. Depends what quality your looking into.

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 10:17 AM

got ya.
Posted by: jaybur

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 10:38 AM

the difference between buying through clubgp and Ed morad, is Ed has your back if something is wrong with the part. I would pay a little extra and get one through ed. He has other superchargers if that one has issues, if you buy on clubgp you might get a bad one, and then they will never talk to you again.

flip a coin
Posted by: palsut

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 10:51 AM

Jaybur have a good point. Ed Morad have 90 days warranty on this parts. I would stick with him.

I have read clubgp sale often. Also, they have some bad seller feedback like seller have my money and no parts in my door yet for like 3 months. Be careful so you won't get screwed.

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 11:46 AM

o im deff going to go with morad.I would never buy used S/C from someone i dont know.I love my car too much invsted in it i rather overpay but know i got a good part
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:07 PM

That's why you use a credit card for purchases. Seller doesn't come through, dispute it and it becomes the credit card companies job to track them down.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
That's why you use a credit card for purchases. Seller doesn't come through, dispute it and it becomes the credit card companies job to track them down.
Eh... its not QUITE that easy, as I've learned (if you care about your credit score).

It doesnt really matter if your friend "installs superchargers" because this is an extremely unique and specific application. Lucky for you guys there are write-ups around.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 01:45 PM

How does it affect your credit score? My minuses are for too much debt, so I dunno. wink It's much better to do it that way than to dispute through paypal. I did a paypal dispute, they were like, "yep, you got screwed". The end. Guy never signed on again, so never got any cash back. At least with credit card you get your money back guaranteed.

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 02:02 PM

It doesnt really matter if your friend "installs superchargers" because this is an extremely unique and specific application. Lucky for you guys there are write-ups around.

I know that but i found 2 write ups that give u step by step bystep it even tells u how to screw the bolts and how much power to use.

Wel take our time probably a whole weekend so wel make sure everything is proper.I have a whooptie so i i can leave that car in a garage as long as i need.PLus i always have you guys here smile

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 02:06 PM

And btw nope you wrong about with credit card your money back are guaranteed.

The only way you get your money back is if you didnt get the part of if the part is wrong even then its a PITA otherwise you pretty much screwed.Cause once you sign for the package it becomes your problem cause that signature tell the CC company you havw accepted whatrvrt was sent.

And your credit might get screwed because the dude was fight and say eh sent the part and if they rule in his favor its all on you

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 02:13 PM

Always take pics if the box is damaged in any way because then it could have been shipping company's fault and not the guy who sold it.

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 02:16 PM

btw i dont see FAQ section on Edmorads website

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 03:24 PM

FAQ:
http://www.grandprix.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004227

Re: BIG DECISION PLEASE HELP - 01/31/09 05:15 PM

yea i figured that one out little earlier