heat from center console...

Posted by: Stauffie'sGTP

heat from center console... - 06/27/07 04:07 PM

ok so yesterday i went cruizing with some buddies...and on our way to town they decided they wanted to go fast...well...we all took off and before i knew it i was cruizing at 100+...(not smart i know) but then when we got to town we stopped to get gas and i noticed it was really hot through my center console...like...REALLY hot...i was just wonderin why...and is it normal?

~Stauffie
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: heat from center console... - 06/27/07 04:15 PM

Isn't that right above where the exhaust flows?
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: heat from center console... - 06/27/07 04:52 PM

Yup... There isn't much insulation right there either.
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: heat from center console... - 06/27/07 05:04 PM

I would have the catalytic converter checked out, just to play it safe. I once saw a car catch fire, because the converter was glowing red. Luckily the driver bailed out when the carpeting started smoking... jawdrop
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: heat from center console... - 06/27/07 05:10 PM

Never noticed heat from that area, but yes the exhaust is right under it. Also, a clogged cat will definetly get really hot.
Posted by: Stauffie'sGTP

Re: heat from center console... - 06/27/07 06:40 PM

that just gives me ANOTHER reason to buy a 3" bolt-on downpipe with a hi-flo cat... cheers

~Stauffie
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: heat from center console... - 06/27/07 07:09 PM

When in doubt, mod it out! cheers
Posted by: drummerboy1307

Re: heat from center console... - 06/27/07 10:23 PM

Posted by: Acefighter

Re: heat from center console... - 06/28/07 01:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blackarrow98gp:
I would have the catalytic converter checked out, just to play it safe. I once saw a car catch fire, because the converter was glowing red. Luckily the driver bailed out when the carpeting started smoking... lol Glad to know he realized there was something wrong with that... laugh

I've noticed it slightly warm there, but nothing too bad.