called a shop

Posted by: theone2043

called a shop - 05/09/08 03:11 PM

im getting my borlas hopefully next week, so i called a good shop in my area, well i told him i have the rear stuff just need a 2.5 pipe and install price quota. he said he doesn't think it can be done it a tight fit back there ... wth?
Posted by: Bronzemist99GT

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 03:54 PM

whats with exhaust shops today? i was told that he wouldnt do anything bigger than 2.25 or my car would have to be towed cuz i wouldnt run. also coming from the same guy we got talking bought doing a gtp swap and he said ill need a gtp tranny, control arms, fuel lines, engine mounts and tranny mount, engine harness and ecm, and fuel pump. I said lower my car you wont be working on mine! some people ill tell ya.
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 04:19 PM

You can always try calling another shop; in my area, most guys use the local Mad Hatter for performance exhaust work. hammer
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 04:20 PM

You think that's bad?

Yesterday, some guy had me pop my hood.

He said it had a 5-speed manual, custom painted headers, and a chrome drive shaft.

He also said it was naturally aspirated and that the "supercharger" was what he called a drive shaft. WTF is a "drive shaft?"

He closed the hood looking all smug and stuff. I was like /facepalm and left. He said his V6 mercury cougar ran 13's in the 1/4.

I don't think he's ever even BEEN to a drag strip...
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
WTF is a "drive shaft?"

drive shaft is only used in a RWD car. We dont have one.

To the OP, go to another shop, this guy is retarded

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 04:55 PM

just went to the shop to give dimensions of the borla pro xs muff he said it might not fit??? he also said that i wouldn't notice a difference with reducing the muffs to 2.25, because that would give me 4", so it looks like im gonna go to a different shop, oh and he quoted me 150 to 180, don't know if that includes new piping to or not.
Posted by: Chico

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 05:02 PM

You need to find a muffler shop that has done custom work tell this guy to take a hike ,as for the other moron maybe 13's in the 1/8mile with a balanced chrome dil-o.Chico

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 05:06 PM

so i should stick with a 2.5 muff right?
Posted by: Chico

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 05:09 PM

Yes go with the 2 1/2" there's plenty of room.Chico(pops)

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 05:12 PM

searching yellow pages all i have around me is midas and Meineke no local shop, this is gay....
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
You think that's bad?

Yesterday, some guy had me pop my hood.

He said it had a 5-speed manual, custom painted headers, and a chrome drive shaft.

He also said it was naturally aspirated and that the "supercharger" was what he called a drive shaft. WTF is a "drive shaft?"

He closed the hood looking all smug and stuff. I was like /facepalm and left. He said his V6 mercury cougar ran 13's in the 1/4.

I don't think he's ever even BEEN to a drag strip...
lol Maybe he works for http://www.kalecoauto.com/

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 05:20 PM

just got off the phone with another shop they said 2.5 wont fit that and they cant bend 2.5 that sharp... i hate where i live
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 05:54 PM

I'll take a freaking picture of my 2.5" piping and PROVE to them it can bend that sharp.

And he couldn't work for Kaleco Auto, they have SOME basis in actual car knowledge.
Posted by: *Nice-Try*

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 10:33 PM

I bent my own exhaust I ran FULL!!! 2.5" with a regular exhaust bender... there is lots of room, now 3" might have been hard but I am not seasoned at the exhaust end, I am use to V8 stuff straight back, but it can be done find a shop that will there has to be one around you.
Good luck and dont give up! You will love it when its done!
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 11:02 PM

the guys at my local shop here can bend 3" in a complete circle and stuff it overaxle on a honda hatchback, the dudes where you live are retarded!!!

if you didnt live so far away i could send to 20 diff places and they would all do it for a good price, and it would be quality work

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 11:40 PM

im willin to drive i went to litiz to get my car tuned, as long as it gets done in one day that is...

Re: called a shop - 05/09/08 11:45 PM

alot of the places are appointment only, so you would have to cruise down here, schedule and give them an overview of what you want done, then either leave it there over night or leaven and come back 1st. thing in the morning and you'll have it back by or before the end of the day

Re: called a shop - 05/10/08 06:58 AM

ok well give me a couple good places you recommended and ill i give em a ring to see, oh and whats easier for a shop to work with the inlet being offset or center? does the sound differ between the two?

Re: called a shop - 05/10/08 03:14 PM

what did everyone do about there y's? pics? is the pfyc flowmaster y a waste of money?

Re: called a shop - 05/10/08 03:18 PM

I dont have a Y anymore. sorry i cant help you

Re: called a shop - 05/10/08 03:23 PM

is that ur setup corey? how does that work? it almost looks like your only really have a single...

Re: called a shop - 05/10/08 03:51 PM

thats my setup, yes, i only have 1 muffler.

Dont worry, it still sounds bad..lol

Re: called a shop - 05/10/08 03:53 PM

so the driver's side is just the tip? does it make any sound at all?

Re: called a shop - 05/10/08 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by theone2043:
ok well give me a couple good places you recommended and ill i give em a ring to see, oh and whats easier for a shop to work with the inlet being offset or center? does the sound differ between the two?
heres all the places me and some peo[ple i know had great work done along with good service:

Anders Garage
Tyrone, PA

McCracken's Garage
Bellwood, PA

Star Rebuilders
Altoona, PA

Anders did my exhaust on my truck, great work and great price

McCracken's does ALOT of work for my old boss, lots of muscle car work

And Star Rebuilders does custom exhaust all the time, they've done my friends GTP (full 2.5) and also a friends Volvo, and a friends Cavalier

so those are the best places I recommend

And also just about all these places will either fab a new Y section or they carry something that they've used and know works good

Re: called a shop - 05/10/08 09:37 PM

thank you ill take a look at them tomomrow.