Weird Vibrate Sound & Clicking In Steering

Posted by: SprChrd01

Weird Vibrate Sound & Clicking In Steering - 12/05/04 06:48 PM

Once in a while when i am driving regular, no harsh gas, i hear a weird vibrate sound right under the center consoul. Not to sure if it has anything to do with the tranny or the gears shifting. Also when i turn the steering wheel slightly i hear and feel a knocking kind of clicking sound and feeling. The power steering fluid is fine i checked already. Any ideas out there i would like to hear. Thanks confused
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Weird Vibrate Sound & Clicking In Steering - 12/05/04 07:56 PM

CV joints, shaft...
Posted by: hot2000gtp

Re: Weird Vibrate Sound & Clicking In Steering - 12/05/04 09:04 PM

cv joints doesnt sound like the shaft but im not 100% sure
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: Weird Vibrate Sound & Clicking In Steering - 12/06/04 12:29 AM

You're screwed. Only one thing to do with it:

This.
Posted by: InitialDGP

Re: Weird Vibrate Sound & Clicking In Steering - 12/06/04 10:15 AM

Actually I had a similar problem I posted about it a while back, my power steering fluid was full (I thought) as well.

Is the sound only around turns? I was told I needed a new steering rack or suspension. Friend of mine in VA said he wanted to try something, poured some steering fluid in and it fixed the problem, hasnt come back since, he said that it will read full when sitting still, even if its not all the way full, then around turns it becomes more shallow on one side or the other causing the sound you hear going around turns. If you only hear it around a turn and then for a few minutes after you probably have the same issue I had.
Posted by: SprChrd01

Re: Weird Vibrate Sound & Clicking In Steering - 12/06/04 03:36 PM

Thanks for all the help and you know that was pretty low BryantGTP
I think i like my car the way it is not scrap metal cheers