KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS*

Posted by: 20gtp02

KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/07/07 06:05 PM

Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/07/07 06:09 PM

Nice... now go get an alignment. laugh

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/07/07 06:17 PM

Already have!!!! The next few days I managed to get it. But I may buy some rear springs, so may need another. BOO WHoo!
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/07/07 06:24 PM

Did you decide on which rear springs you're getting? Nice job on the install, btw.
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/07/07 07:36 PM

let me know how those feel over stock because i dont know if i want to invest in those or adj. shocks

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/07/07 11:18 PM

Yeah, I think I am going to go with the springs you purchased. Just so I don't get sag as much when I run or race. Just not sure when I want to "retackle the job again".
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/08/07 03:13 PM

Ive been thinking about installing ZZ Performance's SSC lowering springs, but going for the set for the Olds Intrigue which will probably only result in about a half inch drop. I also want to do the KYBs and the stainless brake lines at the same time.

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/08/07 05:34 PM

A buddy with a Comp G got the lowering springs on his ride. He doesn't like how the ride is comforting him. Told me never to lower my ride! So beware.
Posted by: gteisele

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/08/07 09:22 PM

lowering does make a ride not as nice but that something you have to decide you want to sacrifice.....just like a DP with the noise it adds lol....but nice job on the install i cant wait until i do mine this summer!!

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/08/07 11:46 PM

thats why the SSC springs are the only ones I would consider...since they are a progressive rate spring the ride shouldnt suffer too much. I just gotta get rid of the rear end sag...it isnt bad now but I notice the slight drop and I know it will get worse. I know a couple of people have said the new struts will take care of the sag but I guess I just cant see doing all that work and putting those old springs back on.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/09/07 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I know a couple of people have said the new struts will take care of the sag but I guess I just cant see doing all that work and putting those old springs back on.
Nahh the springs cause the sag just as much I'd say. The struts are more to dampen and for smooth ride (you can push the kyb gas struts in with your bare hand).

I can't wait till my suspention goes kaput. Good time to get lowered!

But what is this about progressive springs? Who has them?

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/09/07 02:53 PM

ZZ performance

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=454&catid=138
Posted by: UMfan

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/09/07 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
Quote:
[b] I know a couple of people have said the new struts will take care of the sag but I guess I just cant see doing all that work and putting those old springs back on.
Nahh the springs cause the sag just as much I'd say. The struts are more to dampen and for smooth ride (you can push the kyb gas struts in with your bare hand).

But what is this about progressive springs? Who has them? [/b]
Wish I could get lowered, but I have already scraped bottom a few times out near the coast going up/down hills. My resonator has some nice scratches on it.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/09/07 05:46 PM

that just means you have to lose the resonator!
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/09/07 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
[b]
Quote:
[b] I know a couple of people have said the new struts will take care of the sag but I guess I just cant see doing all that work and putting those old springs back on.

But what is this about progressive springs? Who has them? [/b]
Wish I could get lowered, but I have already scraped bottom a few times out near the coast going up/down hills. My resonator has some nice scratches on it. [/b]
You scraped? Let's just say a friend and I jumped a road where I live because we never new it had a rise in it. He has a truck that's up high, I have my stock GP. We both went airborne, and I definitely scraped. He almost lost it, because he jammed on his breaks in the air. I had already slowed down a little, and then braked AFTER I landed.

That was one of those "OH S***" moments that we laugh about now, but not at the time. lol kooky banghead

I can't help but laugh when I think about the car sitting at the light waiting to get a green and cross our road. I mean, two cars doing almost 90 and launching airborne is something you only see in the movies. jawdrop

Re: KYB's installed two weeks ago *3PICS* - 05/09/07 09:12 PM

Yah the springs cause the rear sag. The new struts help some but still, the springs will help with that. You could just do front lowering springs and you will be level! Lol