Seafoam Anyone??

Posted by: Pontiac Dude

Seafoam Anyone?? - 11/10/08 07:36 PM

Has anyone ever put Seafoam in their gas tank?
Is it any good???
Posted by: PnchoPwr

Re: Seafoam Anyone?? - 11/10/08 08:30 PM

I have used this stuff for years. I LOVE it. Best pour in fuel system cleaner you can buy, IMHO.
Posted by: 00grandprixgt

Re: Seafoam Anyone?? - 11/10/08 10:36 PM

do you pour it all in the gad tank?
Posted by: jaybur

Re: Seafoam Anyone?? - 11/11/08 12:23 AM

I have used it before too. I am not sure it really does anything besides make you a few bucks shorter though.

I am not saying it doesn't work, or that it does, I just haven't seen any "results" from using it.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: Seafoam Anyone?? - 11/11/08 12:25 AM

It works a lot better if you suck it in through one of the vac lines so it cleans out the carbon inside your engine. Also heard it does a great job cleaning when you put it in the oil too.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Seafoam Anyone?? - 11/11/08 06:55 AM

It's a miracle worker in the carbed motorcycle world.

Do a google for "top clean"

Supposedly does a good job cleaning out the top end. Be prepared for a smoke show.
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: Seafoam Anyone?? - 11/11/08 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PnchoPwr:
I have used this stuff for years. I LOVE it. Best pour in fuel system cleaner you can buy, IMHO.
Nope, BG 44K made in my home town, but it is $24 a can.

http://www.bg-44k.co.uk/

I use seafoam in my chevelle's gas the first 2 tanks after winter storage to make sure the carb is not gunked up and 44K in any used car I buy and once a year, normally just before an oil change in my injected cars.

Posted by: 00grandprixgt

Re: Seafoam Anyone?? - 11/11/08 05:57 PM

so basically add the can to yoru oil and itll smoke like no other lol
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Seafoam Anyone?? - 11/11/08 06:17 PM

Top clean is you use the engine's vacuum to pull the seafoam from the can it cleans the intake, runners, valves and cylinder dome of carbon deposits. Then the engine burns it all and it's smokey. Once you run the car for a while the seafoam burns off and your exhaust is back to normal.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: Seafoam Anyone?? - 11/11/08 06:43 PM

Seafoam will foul your plugs and O2 sensor so it's a good idea to change them shortly after doing the top end clean. It's also recommended that you change your oil as well.