Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs

Posted by: SprChrd01

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/19/05 11:28 PM

Anyone every invest in the Eibach pro-kit? Anyone ever buy the energy suspension bushing kit?
I am very interrested in both of them because I am about to redue my whole suspension. And if anyoen has used them before can you get a better price then the one in the GP Store?? thumbsup
Posted by: Chico

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/19/05 11:32 PM

I had eibachs on my car but did'nt like the ride ,of course i live in the country and the roads up here are the sh-ts,try e-bay they have knock off springs cheaper than eibachs.

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/19/05 11:37 PM

Yeah I live in a city where they might feel alot better..... So the ride gets pretty crapy after you change the springs huh?
Posted by: Chico

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/19/05 11:41 PM

On flat pavement they seemed to be nice and stiff and handle well,but on rough pavement or gravel roads "forgetaboutit".

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/19/05 11:42 PM

See i don't want to ruin my ride but i think i might be ok
Posted by: GTP4LIFE

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/20/05 01:43 AM

i got the sprint lowering springs and i got no pogo effect and i think the ride is better then the eibach kit. i only paid 150.00 on ebay.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/20/05 08:36 AM

I bought a set of slightly used from ebay for $140.
Once I found out that with the camber kit and labor fees to have it all installed were running over $500, I sold them for $170... on ebay.
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/20/05 09:01 AM

I had pro kits on my 3000GT and they made the ride real smooth, but it would bounce more over road imperfections. My brother has the same springs on his 5.0 and it is a completely different ride. His Mustang doesn't roll around turns or anything like that. It's probably because he has struts, roll bars, and other suspension componenets.

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/20/05 09:38 AM

Anyone every seen the kit on GM Parts Derict for the traction control?? ANyone buy it??
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/20/05 12:31 PM

The GM Parts direct upgrade kit is by far the best bang for the buck suspension upgrade. When it's time to swap struts I plan on getting that kit.

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/20/05 12:46 PM

GMPP Handling upgrade?
Yeah, it's awsome.
Well worth the money.
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/20/05 12:48 PM

Referring to these, I assume:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=12498354

$804.43. Wow...

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/20/05 06:04 PM

The koni spring/strut combo is great too, but I thing this is what is in discussion:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=pk12456148

but i could be wrong. crazy

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 01/21/05 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Austin GTP:
The koni spring/strut combo is great too, but I thing this is what is in discussion:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=pk12456148

but i could be wrong. crazy
No your not wrong that is what i was asking about. thumbsup
Posted by: ReDgie the WeDgie

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 04/29/05 02:43 AM

have em on my car..luv the look hate the ride, Im going back to stock
Posted by: ReDgie the WeDgie

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 05/06/05 07:35 AM

I have just returned my car to stock after almost of 1 year of eibach. I elected to install their middle of the road spring in an attempt to achieve the benefits of lowering but still retain some driveability. I must admit I was suprised with the ride quality. I did kinda get used to it, but after the nasty winter, the roads here suffered from frost heaves. with no word of a lie, the car was undriveable on these roads. Not just for the ride quality, but the car was destroying itself by the pounding it was taking. I ended up replacing most of the steering components. to make a long story short, I returned the springs to stock, replaced the now destroyed struts and the car is driveable. My advice, if your serious about lowering you need to change the entire suspension, not simply the springs. By the way, I ll give you the springs if you pay for the shipping......
Posted by: RawGTP

Re: Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - 05/07/05 05:05 PM

I recently installed Eibach springs. I love the way it looks but Ihave to agree with Redgie. The ride quality SUCKS!!! when driving on rough road. I'm keeping my stock springs just in case I wanna go back to stock springs.