WTF

Posted by: Dementeddj

WTF - 01/26/05 07:17 PM

hey does anybody else out there use their GP as a "weekender" and have a different car that they use for their "work" car or thir everyday driver?

I only ask this because i was accused of being a ricer earlier today in my other car. here is what happened. I have a 92 cavalier BONE STOCK that i let somebody borrow. I got it back, and they have ruined the muffler. I am going to pick up a new one tomorrow, but while at a light today, somebody called me a "loser ricer, horsepower wannabe." and i was told to get a life, and put a regular muffler on it and go back to my "home country" now mind you i have been told that i look like Dale Jr, so i don't know how on earth anyone could call me a "ricer" I also live in a town of approx 5000 people, and I know practically everybody

GOD this is aggrivating! I guess i just needed to vent, cause on the one day that I decide to not take the prix out, i get called a ricer, man i wish i had the prix today. next time i see him i am going to show him what "american" cars really are capable of crazy devilgrin
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: WTF - 01/26/05 07:31 PM

I think everyone has missed some good races from not having their car.

Whenever ricers gave me crap, I would tell them that I also had a 4 cylinder engine, it's in my motorcycle.
Posted by: UMfan

Re: WTF - 01/26/05 07:49 PM

My other car is an old GMC Jimmy that I share with the girlfriend.

Nobody wants to race me in that beast, but at least I've never been called a ricer.
Posted by: SprChrd01

Re: WTF - 01/26/05 10:27 PM

Hmm I use my car everyday and can't get a good race DAMN!! mad
Posted by: James GTP

Re: WTF - 01/26/05 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dementeddj:
hey does anybody else out there use their GP as a "weekender" and have a different car that they use for their "work" car or thir everyday driver?

I only ask this because i was accused of being a ricer earlier today in my other car. here is what happened. I have a 92 cavalier BONE STOCK that i let somebody borrow. I got it back, and they have ruined the muffler. I am going to pick up a new one tomorrow, but while at a light today, somebody called me a "loser ricer, horsepower wannabe." and i was told to get a life, and put a regular muffler on it and go back to my "home country" now mind you i have been told that i look like Dale Jr, so i don't know how on earth anyone could call me a "ricer" I also live in a town of approx 5000 people, and I know practically everybody

GOD this is aggrivating! I guess i just needed to vent, cause on the one day that I decide to not take the prix out, i get called a ricer, man i wish i had the prix today. next time i see him i am going to show him what "american" cars really are capable of crazy devilgrin
May I ask what HE was driving? That would also make me mad. Just try "losing" to a little Sunfire mad I blew HER off the line no prob, than thought it might be a good idea to slow down since I was doing 60 in town. But to my surprise she blew by me, and I couldnt catch her in the traffic.... banghead
Posted by: zachd

Re: WTF - 01/26/05 11:09 PM

WTF???????/ whats the F stand for. Frickin? Fried as in fried rice? ahhh fark them all i wish i had a second car to drive like a vette but my prix will always be primary. to much of a joy to drive to leave it trapped at home. but im poor now so i only have one car and one house.
Posted by: GTP4LIFE

Re: WTF - 01/26/05 11:39 PM

i got a ticket for raceing a mustang that called me a ricer tonight. i got drag raceing and 75 in a 50. i was so pissed if i ever find that guy around here im gonna steal his wheels n tires and sell them to pay for my ticket
Posted by: RealTime

Re: WTF - 01/26/05 11:58 PM

I've been driving my wife's old 93' Eagle Vision as a winter beater usually leaving my clean GP in the garage out of the elements but I had to haul the old girl out last week cause the wipers in Eagle blow chunks and I couldn't see properly.

Gotta love the heated seats these days!

BTW... What's a 'ricer' ?
Posted by: Bryan R

Re: WTF - 01/27/05 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RealTime:
I've been driving my wife's old 93' Eagle Vision as a winter beater usually leaving my clean GP in the garage out of the elements but I had to haul the old girl out last week cause the wipers in Eagle blow chunks and I couldn't see properly.

Gotta love the heated seats these days!

I would've buttoned down the hatches,and driven to the nearest pepboys, and get a new set of wiperes, than take the good car out in the elements.

Sometimes when I take the car out in the rain, when I get home, I'll blow it dry with the leaf blower laugh

Re: WTF - 01/27/05 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zachd:
WTF???????/ whats the F stand for. Frickin? Fried as in fried rice? ahhh fark them all i wish i had a second car to drive like a vette but my prix will always be primary. to much of a joy to drive to leave it trapped at home. but im poor now so i only have one car and one house.
I would tell you what the "f" stands for, but we're not supposed to cuss on here. if you still haven't figured it out, then think the first letter and the last three letters of the work "FiretrUCK" hopefully you got it by now crazy devilgrin
Posted by: Chico

Re: WTF - 01/27/05 04:39 AM

I'm afraid my reply to his statement would have been ,Oh look your nose is leaking tomatoe juice ,sorry I get a little jumpy from all that soya sauce and can't quite control my hands. devilsmile
Posted by: framos242

Re: WTF - 01/27/05 10:47 AM

Hey Demented,

I hope you remember the guy's face and car so that next time you see him... own his sorry no good "soya suace" (good one Chico) eating "Vtec... oh S@#t that's fast" wanna be racer. Revenge... served best ice cold.

devilsmile
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: WTF - 01/27/05 11:16 AM

someone else has been reading the old Klingon proverbs I see...I gave up on street racing a long time ago...when young guys run their mouth I chalk it up as self centered bravado over-compensating for car envy and low self esteem...if any of them are serious about how badazz their cars really are then they can bring their fart cans and fuggin hi-amp stereos out to the dragstrip on grudge night...then its put up or shut up cuz the Christmas tree tells no lies and the finish line settles all talk...I'm not sayin I'll never get another speeding ticket for the rest of my days but I wont get it drag racing on the street...its way to costly and too dangerous.
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: WTF - 01/27/05 04:40 PM

A ricer is a dude that puts pointless mods on their car in an attempt to make it look tuner. The end result is a tacky design.

http://laughatrice.com/galleries.htm

A lot of people think that if you mod a economy car it is rice. That's what this person though. He hears a bad muffler and think you were rice? Kinda dumb.

I got a late 80's caravan. I recommend you modding 2nd vehicles only if you don't do anything where the trade-off is lowered reliability on the component.

Re: WTF - 01/27/05 07:12 PM

ok, to answer all the questions

1) He was driving an Isuzu Hombre pickup with a 4 banger

2) I remember the guy's face,car and everything else cause he used such nice language to me. (yes revenge will be sweet, cause I will take him out to the airport and race him down the runway)

3) I am not going to mod my cavalier, just going to put on a new pipe and muff so it is legal

side note: so much for driving sensibly like a responsible adult, huh?? crazy devilgrin
Posted by: JPGTP

Re: WTF - 01/28/05 03:14 AM

All I got to say is, Get a radar detecter and blow the hinges off as they come. devilsmile

Re: WTF - 01/28/05 01:20 PM

3) I am not going to mod my cavalier, just going to put on a new pipe and muff so it is legal

A Hombre is basically a s-10. A Hombre gets has 120-hp +/- anything they did/didn't do to the truck.

Cavalier is about 5 HP less but is about 600 lbs lighter. So you could take him.

Don't blame you for not modding the cavalier. Better to spend on maintenance than mods. I still say drop in a K&N filter for 1-2 hp, race him and tell him to bow down.

Re: WTF - 01/28/05 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TastyBake:
[b]3) I am not going to mod my cavalier, just going to put on a new pipe and muff so it is legal

A Hombre is basically a s-10. A Hombre gets has 120-hp +/- anything they did/didn't do to the truck.

Cavalier is about 5 HP less but is about 600 lbs lighter. So you could take him.

Don't blame you for not modding the cavalier. Better to spend on maintenance than mods. I still say drop in a K&N filter for 1-2 hp, race him and tell him to bow down. [/b]
Tasty,
i know that an hombre/s-10 are the same,and that the two basically have the same eng, etc, and on a normal (and newer car) i could take him easily, but this cavalier is pushing 200k miles, so i don't want to push the limits in case i try to sell it. cars that run sell better than ones with blown engines. although i have thought about rigging up an open cone filter system for it, i have to admit. (just for shits and giggles)

i want to see him in his 'lil "bad ass hombre" as he puts it this weekend when i got the GTP out and blow his doors off. heck i could probably give him a two second head start and still whoop his ass!!!! crazy devilgrin

Re: WTF - 01/28/05 07:44 PM

Cavalier: "I'm going to get my big brother on you!!"
Posted by: Bryan R

Re: WTF - 01/29/05 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
My other car is an old GMC Jimmy that I share with the girlfriend.

Nobody wants to race me in that beast, but at least I've never been called a ricer.
That's funny. Cause in college, one of my room-mates had a Jimmy, and he tried to race everybody at a red light :rolleyes: In fact he used to grunt like Tim Allen, and yell "Feel the torque baby!" whenever he floored it at red lights kooky

Re: WTF - 01/29/05 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TastyBake:
Cavalier: "I'm going to get my big brother on you!!"
I like that, but wouldn't it's big bro be the monte SS? LOL crazy devilgrin

Re: WTF - 01/31/05 10:19 PM

Speaking of sleeper...

http://www.turbominivan.com/videos/ps_v_z28.rm

http://www.turbominivan.com/videos/russbird.mpg"
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: WTF - 02/01/05 07:17 AM

is that top one real?

12.5 at 105? I'm thinkin that was staged.
Posted by: blown_gp

Re: WTF - 02/01/05 04:42 PM

like one of those powerade comercials....you know where they make an 120yrd. pass

Re: WTF - 02/01/05 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
is that top one real?

12.5 at 105? I'm thinkin that was staged.
100% real. Those guys hack the mess out of those turbos getting 25 psi. They have a wastegate switch that opens up the turbo.

Here is the main site.
http://www.turbominivan.com/index.html
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: WTF - 02/02/05 07:19 AM

eek

Re: WTF - 02/02/05 01:24 PM

The wow factor went away a little when I read what they did to them. For some of them, the cabin probably looks horrific due to removing unnecessary items for weight reduction. Wow factor went down even further when I imagined the smell kooky .

Also the engines sound scary. I wouldn't drive some of those things even if they paid me.

I saw only two that looked very sharp and I wouldn't mind having. I got the 96 HP non-turbo kind.