New guy w/pics

Posted by: elen0841

New guy w/pics - 04/16/08 10:56 PM

Hey guys,
I've been on the forum since I got my GP a few months ago (not really posting, just learning A LOT) I really love the car. Its definitely a step up from the 'ol rust bucket i used to have. smile I thought I'd finally post a few pics. These pics are from feb/march so they are a little bit old, but I havent really taken any other pics.

Now, I'm back at school and am hoping to get some decent time to work on a few things.
I'm looking at tint, clear corners, new headlights (mine are obviously not that great), tinted tails, and I still havent found a front license plate cover. I would really like to get some HIDs. Currently I'm working on painting my engine cover.
I would love to get new rims (I've been around long enough to realize that everybody says get new rims...lol)

However, all these things need lots of money, so it may take me a while. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/16/08 11:18 PM

Why are those wheels starting to grow on me so much? I used to think that they were so ugly, but yours and palsut's cars have almost changed my opinion. Very clean car, BTW. I think those appearance mods you have picked are just what the doctor ordered

Welcome to the club!
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/16/08 11:22 PM

Clean car.

Welcome to GPN.
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/16/08 11:28 PM

very very nice

Welcome to GPN
Posted by: Lino

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/16/08 11:30 PM

Welcome aboard nice car. smile thumbsup
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/16/08 11:53 PM

Nice looking car...

I was thinking while looking at the pics that I have a front plate cover that would look really nice on that car and lookie there... you're actually wanting one. smile

$25 shipped sound good?

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 12:00 AM

Thanks for the comments guys! I thought the rims were aweful too when i bought the car, but the price/mileage/options were all right and rims are definitely something that can be changed. However, they are growing on me the more i sit back and just look at my car. lol

Slick, sounds awesome!! let me know how you want me to pay for it.
Posted by: palsut

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 12:13 AM

That's good looking car. I like that rim. I never seen it before. I have one but mine is all silver. There is photo of my backup rim.

ordonez1307: if it is start grow on you. Maybe you could buy my backup rim to hang on wall to stare as long you want. It will cost you some money. lol
Posted by: Chico

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 06:12 AM

Welcome aboard.Chico(pops)
Posted by: soulonfire11

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 08:21 AM

Nice car! You located in the midwest?
Posted by: NovaSS369

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 09:37 AM

we have a lot of the same things going my friend. i am just getting rims and i am doing tint and clear corners this summer, maybe the new projectors instead check them out sometime. btw welcome to the site
Posted by: gteisele

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 09:46 AM

slick give the plate cover to me lol
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Why are those wheels starting to grow on me so much? I used to think that they were so ugly, but yours and palsut's cars have almost changed my opinion.
I have a hi-po set in my garage, for when you can't resist anymore. Lol. laugh
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 12:36 PM

Welcome to the site. Man thats a clean car.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 12:42 PM

How in the heck does that black paint look so damn good, especially seeing snow right there. Did you just pull it out of a garage to take pics and it goes back in? That thing is emaculate in pictures, not sure in person.
Looks awesome!

I love when the newbies come clean and say they been around just learning and reading, that is cool. How do you do it without tempting yourself to post?

Welcome!
Posted by: palsut

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 12:57 PM

20gtp02: Take a look at last picture of his post. I think he took it wash and dry then took picture. I'm sure it probably start dirty again after this. Notice that snow stuck under left front bumper?
Posted by: RooK

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 01:01 PM

He's braver than me to get out in cold weather like that and wash his car. I neglect my poor babies alot.

Ah, welcome to the site! smile
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gteisele:
slick give the plate cover to me lol
lol, if I had known you needed one before, I could've sold it to ya. oops... hammer
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
[b] Why are those wheels starting to grow on me so much? I used to think that they were so ugly, but yours and palsut's cars have almost changed my opinion.
I have a hi-po set in my garage, for when you can't resist anymore. Lol. laugh [/b]
lol, no thanks. I have far too many things to get before a set of rims that im still undecided on wink

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 06:22 PM

The second the temp got above freezing, I went to wash it (Come on, It was a brand new car to me!!) It was pretty cold and i didnt last long out there.

And then I did it every time it got above freezing until the snow was gone. I would like to say I am pretty "anal" about how the car looks, so keeping her all washed up is important.

Watching and learning and not posting is easy to do when you dont know anything. lol

Thanks for the comments!
Posted by: Baas140

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 07:51 PM

Is that from just after you bought it? Looks alot better than when it came back from Florida lol. I hope your parking that in the garage in Flint. cool
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 08:18 PM

nice... is it just me or are your rims two tone? they actually look kinda good in that pic i'm not gonna lie...
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/17/08 08:51 PM

Yea they are. The little y-designs in between the tri-stars are painted dark grey to match the lower fascias on the bumpers. My grandma has a set on her GP, I'll get some pics of them when I detail her car in a few weeks.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/18/08 02:05 AM

I've always loved black cars, and your GP is no exception. thumbsup Very nice.
Posted by: T.J.

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/23/08 12:59 PM

NICE CARWASH!!! LOVE IT IN THE BACKGROUND!!! haha i need to wash mine rele bad... WELCOME!!!
Posted by: Alex

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/23/08 02:13 PM

That car seems as if had a few miles out the dealership...
Those rims just came here on Aztecs.
Posted by: BTC13

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/23/08 03:22 PM

I like those rims too, not sure why. There are two different types, the two tone and the all silver. They can be a pain to keep clean though. Must say your car looks very god too.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: New guy w/pics - 04/23/08 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GP GT GUY:
nice... is it just me or are your rims two tone? they actually look kinda good in that pic i'm not gonna lie...
You don't remember seeing my rims when I came up to Indy?

....Oh that's right, it was like -20* outside that day!