Tune up

Posted by: Alex

Tune up - 08/03/06 02:45 PM

My car is now at the mech. changing plugs (AC iridiums) i had some cheap ones, fuel filter, synthetic oil, cleaning injectors and putting back the stock t.stat, hope it feels good.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Tune up - 08/03/06 04:11 PM

Good luck. What was the determination to return to stock t-stat?

Re: Tune up - 08/03/06 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
Good luck. What was the determination to return to stock t-stat?
Hi Richard,

I'm not returning to stock t-stat, I'm returning to use one... lol
I do not have one since 2 1/2 years ago. I've taken my baby to install one twice but it started getting too hot every time, so this is my third chance.
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Tune up - 08/03/06 04:42 PM

Third time's a charm! If it was over heating with a thermostat in that could be because of some other problems with the cooling system...

Re: Tune up - 08/03/06 05:00 PM

yes the first time was cause some leaks on the rad. then new rad. but no t-stat, then new t-stat, but some kind of bad flushing, anyway they took off the t-stat, now i point my mech to do the proccess of flushing and installing the t-stat very carefully

Re: Tune up - 08/03/06 06:11 PM

BTW my mech is repairing, or changing I don't know which pieces of my steering pump, it was leaking too much, it is gona cost around 130 usd. he's just call me to say that he will have my car until tomorrow cause his provider sent him a piece without a sensor, and mine have a sensor.

Which sensor could my steering pump have???

Is the speed one or something??
Posted by: Chico

Re: Tune up - 08/05/06 06:37 AM

He may be talking about the magnasteer sensor .Chico.

Re: Tune up - 08/07/06 01:13 PM

I think it was, he was not talking about to change the sensor, but his provider sent him a piece without the connector, but now it is fine.