coolant drain plug

Posted by: ShavedGPGT

coolant drain plug - 12/09/08 10:08 PM

okay so i have a 97 gp gt and where in the heck is the radiator drain plug? i reallly need to flush it and refill it before it gets really cold. thanks!
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/09/08 10:13 PM

In all the times I've had to drain the radiator, I have NEVER found that stupid plug!

I just pull off the lower radiator hose.
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/09/08 10:30 PM

Pull the lower hose and jack the drivers side of the car up slightly.
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/09/08 11:12 PM

If they kept it in the same spot throughout that gen, it should be on the driver's side at the bottom facing rearward. You need a allen driver to twist it out.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 12:31 AM

Just pull the lower hose.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 10:36 AM

I broke the tabs off mine, worthless. Like others have said, don't bother searching for it.
Posted by: GrandBoost98

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 02:50 PM

i kno on mine its on the driver side but it wouldnt come out nd i broke the tabs off and ended up just removing the lower hose
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 02:50 PM

I found it its on the drivers side facing the rear. It took me a bit but finally found it.

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 07:56 PM

well i foudn it but its being a B*tch to get out so i just pulled the lower hose off. but thanks for the help.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 08:04 PM

DUDE!!! This is AWESOME!!! Someone finally took advice!!! No, Shaved, this is not a knock on you whatsoever. It's just that most new folks here wont listen and take the advice that they're given. Even I'm guilty of it.

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
DUDE!!! This is AWESOME!!! Someone finally took advice!!! No, Shaved, this is not a knock on you whatsoever. It's just that most new folks here wont listen and take the advice that they're given. Even I'm guilty of it.
cheers

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 11:18 PM

lol. i usually listen to those that have had more experience then me. deff looking forward to meet some new faces sometime. and showing yall my gp.. still isnt done frown im getting really mad. and when ever there is a gp meet i would love to come and have someone that has done a top swap help me do mine. me and i bud is going to do it but i would to share it with other GP members.

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 11:27 PM

Make a trip down here and I'll be more than glad to help out!

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 11:32 PM

well i know that me and some friends are going to panama this spring break so im sure i could. how long do you think it would take to do it and tune?

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 11:38 PM

idk... you never know. Look at the trouble "theone" is having. It took me a weekend to do, and a day to tune

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/10/08 11:46 PM

dang idk if i wanna do that on my spring break.. lol
Posted by: theone2043

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/11/08 08:13 AM

top swap with one other person took from 8ish am to about 10ish pm, ran fine for about a week and now it wont start again. its not that bad just make sure you pay attention to details and you should be fine.

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/11/08 09:32 AM

Goin to Panama or Panama City? Little bit of a diff, ya know?

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/11/08 04:29 PM

panama city beach. lol

Re: coolant drain plug - 12/11/08 05:18 PM

So you wont be needing passports, then? Cool. Incidentally, that's where my sister was born.