Very loud intake+tuning questions.

Posted by: burtonsyncro

Very loud intake+tuning questions. - 03/06/08 08:41 PM

Just put on a k&n cold air intake this winter. Went on nice and i'm very pleased with it. Although it has almost a wistleing sound to it. It's an extremely loud sucking noise mostly only noticable at idle. Is this loud sucking noise normal? Or is something wrong?

Also I'm getting pretty poor gas mileage, and ive heard people talking about tuning to get better mileage and hp and such. I also heard that with tuning, with every gain comes a loss somewhere else. Are these things true? Where can i get someone to tune my car?

Thanks!
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Very loud intake+tuning questions. - 03/06/08 08:53 PM

You gotta find a local guy to tune your car. Check clubgp.

The intake noise is normal... i love it
Posted by: 1997GrandPrixGT

Re: Very loud intake+tuning questions. - 03/06/08 08:57 PM

i love mine too. that Roar is amazing, makes the car sound alot better. i need to get mine tuned also.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Very loud intake+tuning questions. - 03/06/08 09:40 PM

Unless they have a wideband they can hook up, I highly suggest getting a new o2 sensor before doing it. The tune is only as good as the instruments used.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Very loud intake+tuning questions. - 03/06/08 11:44 PM

Did you disconnect the battery for 30 minutes?
I did this when I first started modding and the 9" intake was way to much for the car and I didn't reset the fuel trims. It ran like a turtle and sounded terrible. You should get some sucking, but if they aren't reset, you'll get tons and it won't run right.