power loss???

Posted by: SprChrd01

power loss??? - 07/27/05 08:25 PM

ok i raced and celica gts and i lost???? 180n/a hp vr 240sc wtf? what could be a problem for this power loss? i used to beat them and now i barely beat civics. banghead
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: power loss??? - 07/27/05 09:42 PM

Might had something under the hood. Also, you may want to get a scanner to see if you have some KR. Overall, racing has a lot of factors. Power/weight ratio can make a difference. Were you at a light or on a H/W?
Posted by: crimpton

Re: power loss??? - 07/28/05 01:20 AM

Hello,

Around 30K, I noticed a loss in power and gained it back after changing the plugs.
I also experienced corrosion on my coil pack terminals, which robbed me of a few tenths, and destroyed my stock wires.
Just a couple of things to consider.

Later now,
Clint
Posted by: Evolution

Re: power loss??? - 07/28/05 08:29 AM

I know I have a PCM issue- the previous owner had a flashed PCM installed and then put the stock PCM back in, problem is- the stock PCM is shitting out and doesnt like going over about 4300rpm.

Re: power loss??? - 07/28/05 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Evolution:
I know I have a PCM issue- the previous owner had a flashed PCM installed and then put the stock PCM back in, problem is- the stock PCM is shitting out and doesnt like going over about 4300rpm.
Hello,

What gives you the idea that it's the PCM?
With your mods, the stock PCM shouldn't give you problems on the street.... If you have a smaller pulley, you may experience problems at 100+MPH.

Re: power loss??? - 07/28/05 11:08 PM

I got my OBD2 read today at advance AND at my buddy's house. I guess problem wasnt PCM. Turns out O2 sensors have gone bad. So thats an easy 140$ ouch. If I install these and they dont solve the problems, I still have two new O2 sensors, but Im down 140$. Any other ideas before I go down to Advance tomorrow and lay down some cash? A new PCM is like 150 online.

Re: power loss??? - 07/28/05 11:50 PM

Plugs and wires, plugs and wires, plugs and wires......
If you haven't already done so, this would be the best place to start..... The OEM plugs and wires are a great combination, but they don't last forever. I had to change mine at 30K.
Wires will last a lot longer, as long as your terminals are shiny. Any corrosion will destroy the wires.

Later now,
Clint
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: power loss??? - 07/29/05 06:28 AM

If you have DTCs that say bad O2 sensors you must replace those. You just might be surprised. Besides it's not a wasted 140 because apperantly they are setting codes and need to be replaced. Our PCMs are just like anyother computer garbage in garbage out. The sensors must be working properly for the PCM to work properly.

Re: power loss??? - 07/29/05 03:27 PM

Im picking up the o2 sensors after work today, and installing them as soon as my exhaust can get a chance to cool down, hopefully not too long. Im only getting ~15.7 mpg, do you guys feel as though the o2 sensors will also help my gas mileage by a little bit? any advice as to what else to change, how hard are the plugs to do?
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: power loss??? - 07/29/05 04:20 PM

Yes that should make a difference
Posted by: framos242

Re: power loss??? - 07/29/05 05:00 PM

The front O2 sensor and back plugs will be a PITA. Rotate the engine forward. It'll help.
Posted by: bryanp

Re: power loss??? - 07/29/05 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by framos242:
The front O2 sensor and back plugs will be a PITA. Rotate the engine forward. It'll help.
Thats an understatement.

Even so, its not as bad as everyone says.
Posted by: Kwik Wun

Re: power loss??? - 07/29/05 05:40 PM

doing anything to my car is easy as hell now that I have gotten almost as deep as possible into my engine all by myself :p hehe

like taking out the back plugs & wires...2 mins