Accent Color

Posted by: The Fridge

Accent Color - 12/22/06 04:56 PM

I have been going nuts trying to figure out what color accent for my car. Just about anything will work with the dark blue. I don't know if i just want to do chrome. Ya know, want to have something different then what i pass on the way to work.

Exterior Accent only, grilles, badge overlays, etc.

Windows will be tinted 20% within a month or 2.

Also ** I am thinking either going with a black taillight or L.E.D. and maybe clear or black for the front.

I just can't picture it without putting it on and i can't afford to buy all that stuff.

Thanks
Posted by: UMfan

Re: Accent Color - 12/22/06 05:12 PM

Like you said, anything will go with that.

Yellow or Red are the easiest because they have the most accents available in those colors (I'm thinking like plug wires, coil packs, etc).

I think a gold color would look like with the blue too.

You can pick anything and it will look good with that blue.
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: Accent Color - 12/22/06 05:29 PM

Silver. laugh
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Accent Color - 12/22/06 05:40 PM

Just a thought; have a look at some of the cars featured here: Archives Maybe it will help to inspire you, and it doesn't cost anything to window shop. laugh
Posted by: pedal down

Re: Accent Color - 12/22/06 07:16 PM

i like blue and silver.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Accent Color - 12/22/06 07:31 PM

Silver.
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Accent Color - 12/22/06 08:20 PM

I agree, Silver.
Posted by: brown

Re: Accent Color - 12/23/06 04:34 PM

I have the same color car, and I've been thinking about painting the calipers red, red plug wires, and so on. To me, silver seems too quiet of a color. I would rather have something that will catch your eye, but distract completely away from the car.
Posted by: UMfan

Re: Accent Color - 12/24/06 01:32 AM

I'm planning on a silver theme eventually only because red plug wires/calipers/etc won't go with the redfire paint. So I'm pretty much stuck with silver or gold. I'm going for silver.
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Accent Color - 12/24/06 12:48 PM

yeah,im not a big gold fan, I would stick with silver..

As for it being flat, I like the accent color more flat, not something that flashes at you. Im into being more of a "sleeper" I guess
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Accent Color - 12/26/06 11:02 PM

I say gold.
Posted by: Kansas GXP

Re: Accent Color - 12/27/06 09:14 AM

Silver, or if you really want to catch an eye, go yellow... I always thought that would look good.
Posted by: The Fridge

Re: Accent Color - 12/31/06 10:12 AM

i am thinkin white, don't know how the grille would look (cause i just painted them silver) but i could make a cheap chromer for the time being.

Look at that gustman sticker on the back. Yes it is ugly and i have to take it off if it ever stops raining but that white just pops. Clean color but not quite a sleeper color.
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Accent Color - 01/09/07 01:32 PM

i think red would be a good color ... i have a white gt and i think that i am going to go with red accents like red neons under where your feet go to give a glow or something and red in the engine compartment .... but thats just me
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Accent Color - 01/09/07 06:11 PM

i like yellow