Trac control system

Posted by: JPGTP

Trac control system - 12/03/04 02:43 AM

Ok some of you may remember me from before as Dawnthomas76, or may not. Well I sent a post about my ABS sencers acting a dam fool comming back from TEXAS in JULY. My trac light and abs light would come on and cause the car to slow down with jirky motion. Or somtimes would cause the car to shut off. Well after about 5 shops and $300 in diagnostic fees, ONLY one shop has made any sense. They told me that my computers aren't storing any codes. Because everytime the lights come on and slows down the car or the computer shuts everything down, there should be a code. This shop told me that there willing to bet that my ABS CONTREOL MODULE is going bad, because there should be a code in the computer.

Does anybody have any oppions or ideas. I called ole sorry ass PONTIAC and the module is $720. The shop is charging $150 to put it on. jawdrop
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Trac control system - 12/03/04 09:21 AM

Pull the ABS fuse and see what happens. If the problem goes away then looks like your problem.

Re: Trac control system - 12/03/04 03:31 PM

If I pull the fuse, then my ABS system wont work... I thought about that last month until it started to snow.....But thanks for the advice.

Re: Trac control system - 12/03/04 04:13 PM

Troubleshooting to see if it's realy the ABS module that is shutting down your car. If the car runs fine without the abs system then you know what to fix.

Re: Trac control system - 12/03/04 04:24 PM

I pulled the fuse and the ABS and trac light stays on. But the car ran fine. No problems at all. It felt good to max out the SC. I'll leave the fuse out for a week to see what happens then. But, what is the long term affect of having the fuse out to long....

Re: Trac control system - 12/03/04 04:32 PM

Trac light will stay on. T/C uses input from the ABS to get its traction info so no surprise there. There should be no long term effect to your car. Just remember you'll have to pump the brakes to keep em from locking up.

Re: Trac control system - 12/04/04 01:54 AM

On my way to work, the dam thing did it again. It's trying to slow the car down on the littlest bumps and tonite after work my headlights blinked a couple of times, just as if I didn't take the fuse out. I looked in the manuel again and noticed that there are 2 fuses for the ABS.
I'll try the other one today and see what happens.
Posted by: 4 T 8 states

Re: Trac control system - 01/04/05 02:52 PM

maybe this is it.
Posted by: Chico

Re: Trac control system - 01/04/05 03:43 PM

I'd be willing to bet it's your ABS wheel sensors unfortunatly you have to replace the whole wheel bearing and sensor,if you pull the fuse inside the glove compartment this will give you temp. relief but it also cuts out your magna stear.

Re: Trac control system - 01/08/05 04:00 AM

I have '99 the fuses (2) are in the engine comp.

Re: Trac control system - 01/08/05 04:03 AM

I pulled one, if I pull the other one, I'll loose my climate control, radio, factory alarm.
too cold here to loose the climate control!!!!!