questions from iraq

Posted by: redgtman

questions from iraq - 05/07/08 12:00 PM

hey yall its me again, just got done lookin at the photos in the photo section and was looking at '01 gt's car and it looks exactly like mine exept for the debagin and mine is a 03, i was wondering how u do this? and i got the clear corner's with the black background(dont know what they called) but the headlights are kinda gettin alil dirty and wondering on where i can get some clear(with the black background) headlights? more questions to come and thanks for the help in advance usa laugh
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 12:10 PM

Debadging is easy. Some fishing line and blow dryer works great. Use the line like a saw. To clean up any goop I found that Wax and Grease remover used for paint prep works great.

Stay safe.

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 12:12 PM

so just saw, heat before sawing and rub wax and grease remover like "wax on, wax off" techniqe and thats it?
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 12:29 PM

Yep with enough heat you might not need to use the wax and grease remover.

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 12:52 PM

ok now that questions is answerd what about the headlight question? suggestions?
Posted by: gteisele

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 01:28 PM

there are many diff companies that offer black housing headlight and you can find a good assortment of them on ebay i just picked a pair up a couple weeks ago and love them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-03-PON...em110249994389&

those are the ones i got, i know its a full set and you just got corners but maybe you can sell the corners you just got and throw in a whole solid set

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 03:04 PM

ok thats a good idea im probably going to just sell them off and get the whole set. now i want to get the blue headlights can i just get the bulbs and get the blue lights or do i need something to get them to work right?
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 03:09 PM

Go with HIDs

get them from ebay for cheap

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 03:19 PM

just the bulbs right? dont need like different headlamps all together?

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 03:41 PM

no just bulbs and balasts they need for gas exahcnage...also got those on ebay when i got my headlights for $80

something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03-PON...em260236653362&

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 03:47 PM

the 8400k and the 6000k lights never mentioned bout having this added to the lights, what would happenb if i didnt get taht? and it says only for lowbeam use?

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 03:49 PM

I have 8000k and if they are actually HID's not just an autozone bulb you buy they come with the balasts.....and with HID's you hardly need highbeams i know most people dont ever turn them on after getting HID's i know i dont need them

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 04:01 PM

You wont need high beams with HIDs.

I have 8k headlight and 6k fog light HIDs

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 04:23 PM

ordonez how much did you pay for the 6k foglights ive been wanting my healights and fogs to match now that i have everything brand new and how hard was the install with those tiny bulbs and if they have balasts?

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 04:27 PM

i got them used for 65 shipped w/ the upgraded wiring harness. Install was more difficult with the headlights, but overall, it was pretty easy.

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 04:29 PM

hmm ill keep it in mind....my HID kit took like 10 min for my headlights I figured it would be the other way around seeing you have to get on your back and jack the car up a little
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 07:22 PM

If you park your car with the sun beating down on a hot day, you may not even need to heat the badges, of course you will have to turn the car around and wait, but good excuse to pop a cold one.
Posted by: RD_GTP03

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 08:42 PM

Hey there Ordonez...are those 8K with the Bluish color really Bright? I hate drivng down the road & having to use My Bright to be able to see, signs & maybe animals running across the road.
And, do You think that those...on eBay like the one's in "gteisele's" Link...are the Real Deal, or could they be some Cheap Imitation? The price makes Me a bit Skeptical, I have been taken by eBay products...Bulbs, they claim to be Xenon & Super Bright Bulbs. What do You Think? Obviously, I do really Know a lot about those.
Posted by: RD_GTP03

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 08:44 PM

(Correction)..."I DON'T know a Lot about Those".

Re: questions from iraq - 05/07/08 11:57 PM

i bought them and so far there ligit bright and havnt had a problem yet....very bright with a slight blue tinge to it ill get pics up eventually

Re: questions from iraq - 05/08/08 11:56 AM

the 8k light output wasnt as much as i wanted it to be. So i got the 6k fogs and the light output is much better.

I recommend 6k headlights, or lower

Re: questions from iraq - 05/08/08 11:58 AM

maybe i should have gone 6k....i just love the newer look of the 8k

Re: questions from iraq - 05/09/08 04:34 AM

ok so the best to go with is about the 8k for the headlights and 6k for the fogs? and when i buy the bulbs off of ebay they come with the wireing stuff i need to make it work right? cuz im reading on it and it says no modifications needed just plug and play?
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: questions from iraq - 05/09/08 08:42 AM

Depends what you're looking for, I'm probably going to go as low as possible on my bulb (4500k looks like lowest for the ebay seller I'm looking at). I'd like to go with the 6k for looks, but I don't want to get pulled over (blue lights are very illegal). So, I'll settle for highest light output. smile

Re: questions from iraq - 05/09/08 11:48 AM

go with 6k all around. 8k's light output is lacking.