Window Motor

Posted by: 01grandprixse

Window Motor - 02/25/07 09:30 PM

Ok, I'm a little p-od about this one. When I first test drove the car, the rear passenger window didn't work from either switch. The second time I test drove it, they both work. Then the other day it got up in the 60's, so I rolled the windows down, well most of them mad . Now neither switch will work it. Is it safe to say the motor is dead or could both switches be bad?
Thanks for reading another one of my complaints! laugh
Posted by: D

Re: Window Motor - 02/25/07 09:41 PM

Sounds like ether the regulator or the switch is shot.

Re: Window Motor - 02/25/07 09:57 PM

But both switches?
Posted by: D

Re: Window Motor - 02/25/07 10:37 PM

The rear switch is one uint the whole thing may be gone. Have you recently had the window open and got water all over the door. It was raining and water got in the switch and burn't them right out.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Window Motor - 02/26/07 07:25 AM

Pull the door panel off. remove the pigtail from the motor. Use a multi-meter to check for 12vdc when the switches are activated. If you are getting voltage from both switches in the up and down position then the problem is the motor. Or you can take a battery and hot wire the motor and if the window moves then the switches are bad.

Re: Window Motor - 02/26/07 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by D:
Have you recently had the window open and got water all over the door. It was raining and water got in the switch and burn't them right out.
No, I haven't since I have owned it. That is not to say the previous owner did not.