pcm question

Posted by: black99gtp

pcm question - 12/17/08 06:30 PM

Just got a used K&n intake off ebay, just wondering if it comes with something to attach the pcm to or if I should hit up wbodystore and buy the tray. Yes I know I could have made my own intake for a little bit less, but I like the look.
There was no way I was going to pay the retail of 285, but for more than 200 dollars off i thought it was a good deal.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: pcm question - 12/17/08 06:48 PM

ask the seller? you don't need a tray, but if it makes you feel better...

Re: pcm question - 12/17/08 06:59 PM

I was going to email the seller, but I thought there were a few members here with a K&N intake and thought that might be faster. It is the complete kit, but when I look up the product description from K&N it doesn't say one way or another if it comes with a pcm tray or something to hook it up to. Figured it didn't, just wanted to know for sure. I know the wizaired does, but that costs 245 with the filter.
Posted by: ShavedGPGT

Re: pcm question - 12/17/08 07:49 PM

just let it lay. mine is like that and has never moved (knocks on wood) but some zip tie it down.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: pcm question - 12/17/08 08:06 PM

Thankfully Slick gave the bungee cords to tie my PCM down to the bottom of my (formerly his) WizAired.
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: pcm question - 12/17/08 08:41 PM

I just let my PCM lay as well. Haven't had an issue with it moving at all. I will end up doing a tray just to make it look cleaner, but thats the only reason I would do it.
Posted by: lbolta

Re: pcm question - 12/17/08 08:47 PM

If it's an original KN FIPK it comes with it.

http://www.kandn.com/instructions/57-3045_inst.pdf
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: pcm question - 12/17/08 09:04 PM

Yep it has a spot to mount the PCM. Sounds like you got a great deal too, what kind of condition is it in?

Re: pcm question - 12/17/08 11:26 PM

From the picture it looks like its in pretty good shape, just needs a good cleaning. Got it for 70, which I think was the guys reserve price. When the bidding was at 50 or 60 something the reserve wasn't met yet.

It is the full 57-3045, so thank you guys for the responses. I know it would be ok without an actual tray, I just want to have a very organized looking engine bay. Can't wait to get started with everything. Gonna put in the zzp pcm (thanks again lbolta), k&n, 180 tstat, etc. on the first good weekend in the spring. A friend of mine that had a SSEI bonne is gonna come over and give me a hand. He has a benz now, but will always love the 3.8 s/c