best color for grand prix GT

Posted by: zeebs17

best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 02:41 PM

hey all. I bought my grand prix with a few minor scratches in the back bumper (can't get out by waxing)...the car is currently a white grand prix.. www.cardomain.com/id/zeebs17 but I'm thinking of painting it IF that will take the scratches off the rear bumper. Kinda like a 2 for 1 deal.. anyway I was thinking silver is a nice color. What do you guys think? Interior is like a charcoal cloth material goes with any color.
Posted by: zeebs17

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 02:42 PM

On the site I photoshopped up the picture of the rear picture so you can't see the scratches I am talking about. It's more like the person backed into something and chipped away a few very small pieces around the license plate area.
Posted by: Alex

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 02:47 PM

Best color is red, why?
Cause mine is RED!!!!

Alex, congratulations for your GT!!! cheers
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 03:07 PM

KEEP IT WHITE!!!
Posted by: Adam S.

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 03:25 PM

I'd try buffing out the bumper with some scratch or swirl mark remover, preferably 3M. You may have to have a body shop do this, as they'll have all the right equipment to do it right, like buffer, correct pads, different grades of compounds, etc. When using compound, you're actually working with the paint instead of just filling in the imperfections with wax. Maybe consult them first before putting up the money for a new paint job. Or just ask their opinion to see if it can be buffed out.
Posted by: crashGT

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 04:32 PM

i like it white, but its ur car...if u think silver would look good, go for it! and see if u can get those scratches out before u paint the car (like adam said). good luck! and congrats on ur GT!! thumbsup
Posted by: Jizz

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 08:12 PM

I say white -- white is coooooool! cool
Posted by: zachd

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 08:23 PM

(in a post whore fasion) jizz are you back for good?
Posted by: RawGTP

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 08:35 PM

it seems that everyone is going for the color they already have on their vehicles. Honestly
i've seem them all in different colors and the ones the look the best are RED and BLACK. But then again everyone's got different taste.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 08:37 PM

Definately check and see what can be done. But if your gonna paint it go and do something different like a two tone. I always thought that a black over a metallic gun metal silver type looks great. Makes the car look lower and meaner. But hey it's just an idea.
Posted by: TexasGP

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 07/29/04 11:30 PM

I habe white and I like it....but I would prefer silver...might do that when it's paid off. A good color would be the new color on the 04 GP. That orangish color. Burnt orange as some would call it. Would like wicked nice. Havent seen any 97-03's with that color yet. But remember.....do the door jambs and under the hood and stuff like that.....I seen a few cars with a color change and they didn't do the jambs and it looked bad.......as for red.....too many red cars......fades fast....at least here in Texas....There are a few newer red cars runnning around down here and the paintis already fading...........Red is alright, but that's just my 2 cents. cheers
Posted by: Anarki

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 08/01/04 01:04 AM

Mine is black and I love it, although it is very hign maintenance!!! Id say keep the car white and (I know most will not agree) do from the windows up in black, saw a pic on another board of a red one with a black roof and it looked sweet!

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 08/01/04 07:01 AM

Yep I was thinkin a light silver with a black top the cabin roof, hood, rear decklid and then down about 1 inch onto the sides with a black pin stripe about a 1/8th of an inch below that. That would look sweet.
Posted by: Cometstorm

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 08/02/04 07:31 AM

My vote is for white or black....

Mine 02 GTP is silver, and I like it....

But, I think there's nothing sweeter than a nicely polished black, or white, Grand Prix....In ANY year! smile
Posted by: Adam S.

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 08/02/04 11:51 AM

I'm kind of partial to black on any car, not just the GP. I'm not just saying that because mine happens to be black - mine happens to be black because that's what I wanted. I like silver as well on these cars, but nothing looks better than a freshly buffed and waxed black car, even though the maintenance is a pain in the you-know-what!
Posted by: Chico

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 08/04/04 10:19 AM

Go for the new GTO yellow it looks hot ,or black but i know from exp. black is a b--ch to keep clean and from spending a lot of time in texas is hot as h-ll to climb into after sitting for a while.
Posted by: green_kidd

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 08/04/04 07:09 PM

Yeah, black is a pain to keep clean but it sure looks nice when it's all glossed up. Silver is also a nice color since it's relatively easy to keep clean and still looks good.
Posted by: green_kidd

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 08/04/04 07:10 PM

Oh yeah, as TexasGP said, if you paint it, make sure the door jambs and underhood, etc. get painted as well. Otherwise you'll open the door or hood and see that old color.
Posted by: hammer

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 08/07/04 11:35 AM

I have to agree w/ Alex on this one I would choose red as well. It is quite popular But it does turn heads when completely polished.

Re: best color for grand prix GT - 08/07/04 11:37 AM

Two tone... Black over dark silver...nuff said cheers