AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger

Posted by: HawkeyeSG

AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger - 06/27/07 01:21 PM

I just got my AC recharged a month or two back. Worked very well. now we are gettign into the hot days in Iowa and i have noticed somethign very strange. The passenger side vent blow really nice cold air, while the middle vent and the two driver side vents blow a noticably warmer air and not as forcful. infact the far left vent doesnt blow much at all, which is nothing new from what I can tell, but this COLD AIR HOT AIR thing is messin with my head!! Any help out there?
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger - 06/27/07 01:25 PM

Well I'm no help but I remember seeing a post by someone else who also had this problem. Do a search or just go through recent topics, it was in the past week or so I think.
Posted by: BLEWGTP

Re: AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger - 06/27/07 01:30 PM

i had that in my old gt...was told its the blendor motor or something of that sort...
Posted by: HawkeyeSG

Re: AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger - 06/27/07 02:48 PM

so.. the blendor motor, easy to fix? or is it buried deep within the maze of the dash?
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger - 06/27/07 03:05 PM

You mean the blower motor?
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger - 06/27/07 05:50 PM

Sounds like it might be an actuator or control head problem, depending on which climate control system you have(manual or digital dual zone). The actuators are on either side of the heater core housing, behind the center console.
Posted by: *Nice-Try*

Re: AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger - 06/27/07 10:55 PM

I would pull off the climate control unit make sure all the vacuum lines r ok. But it does sound like u have a blend door stuck... not easy its barried in there
Posted by: Jon Szarka

Re: AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger - 06/28/07 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BLEWGTP:
i had that in my old gt...was told its the blendor motor or something of that sort...
Olg GT Here. I got my AC recharged after the Drivers side was cold and the passenger was cold and it seemed to help alot but I still noticed a differen between the sides. The AC then failed like a few months later. Im guessing its more than the blendor motor and maybe possible the unit itself that holds the stuff. the compressor seems fine but hell, im not a AC tech. Ill get an estimate real soon cause i need this cold air.
Posted by: j.scott

Re: AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger - 07/03/07 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HawkeyeSG:
I just got my AC recharged a month or two back. Worked very well. now we are gettign into the hot days in Iowa and i have noticed somethign very strange. The passenger side vent blow really nice cold air, while the middle vent and the two driver side vents blow a noticably warmer air and not as forcful. infact the far left vent doesnt blow much at all, which is nothing new from what I can tell, but this COLD AIR HOT AIR thing is messin with my head!! Any help out there?
Posted by: j.scott

Re: AC. WARM Driver COLD Passenger - 07/03/07 11:49 PM

I have a 98 GTP w/164,000 miles and I had the exact same thing happen to me. On June 23, 2007 I took it to Pep Boys Service for AC recharge($203), three days later I developed the same problem you have. I just got my car out of the shop on June 29. The compressor was leaking. New compressor installed was ($482) and they claim they were giving me a break since they had just recharged it a week earlier.Problem is fixed and AC is freezing cold.