My headlights

Posted by: Dre da GP man

My headlights - 03/27/09 12:16 AM

On my way to work, I notice as I was behind a car and I hit a bump, the lights wiggles/shakes. How can I fix that.
Posted by: ChrisGT

Re: My headlights - 03/27/09 12:40 AM

Make sure they are installed properly. They have a special way of being put in. And make sure the screws are tight.
Posted by: 01GTshaner

Re: My headlights - 03/27/09 01:11 AM

If you have taken them out before .. they like slide in .. with 2 clips that slide into the frame that essentially lock them in place ? Then the two screws do the rest of the work.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: My headlights - 03/27/09 10:21 AM

are you using the stock bracket or aftermarket?
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: My headlights - 03/27/09 10:24 AM

Do the above but also check to make sure the clip on the back of the headlight is tight. I just noticed yesterday that my driver side HID bulb was pretty much bouncing around that metal shroud inside the capsule, i'm surprised it didn't break. It was also making the headlight look like it was bouncing.
Posted by: GrandBoost98

Re: My headlights - 03/27/09 02:04 PM

mine are horrible! lol on the way home from a gp meet i had like 3 or 4 guys tell me about how bad my lights were

i tryed to tighten everything up and even put a strip or rubber under the light but it still shakes
Posted by: The Guz

Re: My headlights - 03/27/09 03:45 PM

Another trick is to wrap the first or long tab of the bracket a couple of times with electical tape. It helps as well. I did this with my black headlights that were usung the factory brackets.
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: My headlights - 03/27/09 05:04 PM

Are the brackets for the capsule damaged ? you gotta get the whole bracket to be in every spot its suppose to be in.

Slide in peice of the inside.

The hook inbetween the capsule/corner

and the hooks with the corners.