Plug wire question

Posted by: brown

Plug wire question - 09/13/07 01:56 PM

Lately it feels like my cars acceleration isnt what it was when I changed the plugs a couple months ago so I decided to check them. I started with the front center plug, number 4 I believe, and when I got the wire off the plug the clip on the inside of the boot was still attached to the plug. I went to the parts store and picked up some ACDelco wires. They're 7mm and the Taylors that I have on the rest of the plugs are 8mm. Could this cause a loss in performance or somehow hurt the engine? Or does it not matter?

Side note. I didnt yank on the plug. I twisted and pulled and it crapped out on me.

**Cliffs** Plug wire broke. New wires are 7mm old wires are 8mm. Will having one 7mm and the rest 8mm be bad for my engine?
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: Plug wire question - 09/13/07 02:18 PM

Don't quote me on it, but I don't think it'll have any adverse affects.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Plug wire question - 09/13/07 02:33 PM

x2 with slick in both parts.

i wouldnt imagine that it would really hurt anything
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: Plug wire question - 09/13/07 05:24 PM

Shouldn't harm anything; at any rate it's better than having the engine misfire. How did the plugs look? Might be a good idea to check/change the fuel filter as well.
Posted by: RooK

Re: Plug wire question - 09/13/07 06:18 PM

As long as the other wires are in good shape, you'll be fine. Worse case: That cylinder will burn cleaner and provide better power than the ones around it.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Plug wire question - 09/13/07 07:50 PM

Front center plug is #3, just in case you take anymore off you don't get confused putting wires back.
Posted by: brown

Re: Plug wire question - 09/13/07 10:14 PM

The front three looked fine, but I didnt have time after getting a car to get the new wires to check the back ones. I check those out tomorrow.