Sagging Exhaust

Posted by: 98greenGT

Sagging Exhaust - 05/25/07 08:45 PM

Lately I have begun to notice that my 98 GT's exahust is, for lack of a better word, sagging. There is a lot more room between the lower bumper and exhaust tips on my car than what I've seen other newer ones. Have the rubber hangers stretched out over time or is this just they way they are? Would new ones fix my problem or no?
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Sagging Exhaust - 05/25/07 08:48 PM

just get new rubber hangers and try it out .. they arnt to expensive
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Sagging Exhaust - 05/25/07 08:53 PM

The rubber hangers have three holes. One on each end and one in the middle. I used the hole in the middle on one of my hangers. Raised it up enough to match the other side.

Do this at your own risk, I'm sure the center hole wasn't designed to be used in this manner.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Sagging Exhaust - 05/25/07 09:08 PM

No, it wasnt. If you hit a curb or a parking bunker, that hanger could fall right off. Could try to find a smaller hanger, maybe.
Posted by: D

Re: Sagging Exhaust - 05/25/07 09:17 PM

The rubber hangers strech overtime, I would just get new ones and not fool around with the old ones. When I put the new ones on mine the new ones were about 1/2 to 1" smaller then the old ones. You have to rember that they get just as hot as the exhuast and strech as they heat up.

Re: Sagging Exhaust - 05/26/07 12:02 AM

any tips on where to get new rubber hangers?
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Sagging Exhaust - 05/26/07 08:33 AM

Any parts house.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Sagging Exhaust - 05/26/07 01:38 PM

Could actually have broken through instead of stetched. I call some exhaust shops, maybe throw you some for free that are lying around!

Re: Sagging Exhaust - 05/26/07 02:07 PM

I checked and they all seem to be intact and both sides are about even so I'm pretty sure they're not broken. Anything you can give me would be appreciated, GM Parts Direct's shipping prices are ridiculous.