New SES light

Posted by: 2001GT-20

New SES light - 10/28/06 04:53 AM

so recently i was driving tonight, and some idiot girl in a jetta cut in front of me and brake checked me, so i stepped on it, got infront of her.. and did the same, after that, she turned off and i looked down and my SES light came on.. im like 200mi past due on an oil change.. so i pulled into ampm to check my oil, it was a little below half, and i put some in to fill to full.. i then started the car and drove around for a bit, and its still on.. would a simple oil change maybe do the trick,? or do i gotta go down and get it looked at..? any 1 know.. thanks..
Posted by: 1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi

Re: New SES light - 10/28/06 05:49 AM

go and get the code thingy done to it at your local autoparts store. It could be 1/100 things dude. I wish my problems were that simple right now lol.

Re: New SES light - 10/28/06 06:31 AM

Thanks
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: New SES light - 10/28/06 10:52 AM

Yeah, you gotta get the code then let us know.
AutoZone reads codes for free, as long as the SES light is on.

Re: New SES light - 10/29/06 04:47 AM

so i never got around to going to autozone for them to check it out, but i got time to change my oil, and that didnt make it go away.. however i was driving on my way home for the night and i looked down at my dash and the SES light wasnt on.. so maybe it fixed itself, i have no idea..
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: New SES light - 10/29/06 08:07 AM

Sounds like a misfire code. Get it read it should still be stored.
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: New SES light - 10/29/06 09:29 AM

Yeah, still have them read it, even if the light turned off, it will be stored in the PCM still