Pully swap problem

Posted by: Tombomb85

Pully swap problem - 05/23/04 03:14 PM

I bought a 3.4" pully from ZZ performance and also their pully instal/remove tool. It took me a bit of effort to get the stock pully off, but when I while trying to put the new pully on, I broke both of the smaller bolts that go into my nose drive before I could get the pully all the way on. I kept the belt off and took the car to a local shop, where they also broke 2 tools trying to put it on. The pully never got fully on, and now I think the threads inside my nose drive are stripped.

I'm pretty lost what to do now.
Posted by: Marc Harbison

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/23/04 08:58 PM

While installing a pulley, it's always important to occasionally back off the snout a little and ensure the bolt in the nose is seated firmly and isn't loose. You also have to ensure the bigger bolt is seated firmly against the snout and also isn't loose. Don't forget to drip a little lubricant on the bolt and nut to unsure they don't sieze too.

If your snout is stripped... there's really not much you can do but purchase a new snout.

Best of luck,
Marc
Posted by: zachd

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/24/04 01:39 AM

Magnuson time........
Posted by: damojo2003

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/24/04 05:00 PM

o man...that sucks. Go to clubgp and do a search on that. You not the first one to do that
Posted by: blown_gp

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/26/04 09:17 AM

In order to remove the stock pulley wouldn`t a regular pulley puller work, I mean the specific M90 puller is only necesary to install the pulley right?

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/27/04 12:22 AM

no...the standard 3 hook puller will bend the living sh*t out of it. Buy the right tool for the job.

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/27/04 12:40 AM

I knew I would find it

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=1419878&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=pulley%2Cpics&language=single&tmode=&smode=&s=#1419878

Pulley install gone BAD
Posted by: 4 T 8 states

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/27/04 04:24 PM

the pic looks like a big ol hairy gorrila jus got tired of looking at the pulley spinnin then decided to jus grab it and stop it darthvader .

hammer (why bother)

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/27/04 05:58 PM

Does anyone know where I could get ahold of a new m90 Gen 5 snout?

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/27/04 07:01 PM

try sending an email to zooomer at www.zzperformance.com I am sure he can help you out

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/27/04 09:21 PM

Already tried, he doesn't have a link on one. I'm hoping eaton can sell me one or something
Posted by: Marc Harbison

Re: Pully swap problem - 05/28/04 07:07 AM

You might try Ed Morad on ClubGP. He might be able to scrounge one up.

Marc