Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186538 - 06/10/06 01:21 AM I have a pretty rough story....
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
OK....
So my friend came over last night to hang out...and we needed to go over to his house to get his camera to record my exhaust video on the other part of the GP net... So we went to go pick it up...btw this is at about 12 45 last night...and we are on our way back from picking up his camera and I'm in the middle lane and I notice this truck coming up very fast behind me in the right lane in my rearview...and when I say fast I mean realllly fast.....so when I notice this I move to the left lane and start to slow down...trying to keep out of this idiots way. Now there is this curve in the road ahead..and I am only able to take this turn at about 65 or so (dont ask how I know) and this truck blows past me right before the turn probably going 95 maybe 100 miles an hour... right before this happened I told my friend in my car that there is no way he is going to make this turn...

So after he blows past me..he goes straight over the median (about 8 feet wide..just grass) and starts to try to take this truck around this turn (on the wrong side of the road) and the truck starts sliding sidways (the driver is still on the throttle...we can hear it).....So as the car is sliding 100% sideways (no forward or backward movement...just sideways) at about 75 or so...I'm just waiting for this truck to flip or hit a pole or something. Anyways the truck keeps sliding over a curb..into a bank parking lot after clipping the sign for the bank..and the tires finally bite and the truck flips on the drivers side...oh yeah the truck slid straight through an intersection...the bank was on the corner..

So I pull my car over into the turning lane of the intersection...turn my hazard lights on...and told my friend to call the cops...I got out of my car and was walking over to the flipped truck to see if they are ok...and they climbed out of the passenger side window...then they start yelling about how badass it was...so that confirmed that they were definately not sober so I just decided to stay in the street and wait for the paramedics and the cops to come...and once they got there me and my buddy decided to go home because we needed to get home...

Anyways cops showed up at my door today thinking that I was one of the people in the truck because apparently they ran off after the paramedics arrived...The cop said that someone at the bank told them that I was at the scene earlier today going through the debris and looking at what happend...because I was and I wanted to go see what happened during the day when I could see everything...So the lady in the bank wrote down my plates and and told the cops the I ran away and jumped in my black Grand Prix...which was in front of my house...

So anyways the cops havn't found these people and this all goes to show how freakin stupid it is to drink and drive. This person would have easily taken me and my friend's life if he were to hit us. So please guys don't do that crap...no good can come out of it....ever
#186539 - 06/10/06 09:42 AM Re: I have a pretty rough story....
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
bunch of idiots. The biggest problem with that story is that the guys in the truck didn't get hurt.
#186540 - 06/10/06 10:53 AM Re: I have a pretty rough story....
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
its like the drunks never get hurt... confused

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#186541 - 06/10/06 02:22 PM Re: I have a pretty rough story....
Kev-GTP Offline
Yeah they never get hurt....its cause they are so loose and they are just kinda flowing with the car...the main reason people get hurt and break bones in accidents is because right before it happens your entire body tightens and flinch...
#186542 - 06/10/06 03:50 PM Re: I have a pretty rough story....
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
the police are NEVER there when you need them! cant they trace the truck back to the owner? or was it stolen?
#186543 - 06/10/06 05:13 PM Re: I have a pretty rough story....
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
the police are NEVER there when you need them! cant they trace the truck back to the owner? or was it stolen?
On the flip side, the police are ALWAYS there when you don't need them to be (i.e. me not making a 100% stop and being ticketed for it!)

banghead

'97 SE with alot of mods
#186544 - 06/10/06 07:43 PM Re: I have a pretty rough story....
Kev-GTP Offline
The car was stolen...It was a 99-03 body style gmc sierra and it had virginia plates on it...they were takin it for a test drive i guess...gah stupid idiots...
#186545 - 06/10/06 08:39 PM Re: I have a pretty rough story....
MULDIVEN Offline
Loc: Murfreesboro,TN
i wil never be suprised at what idiots can accomplish....
#186546 - 06/27/06 02:19 PM Re: I have a pretty rough story....
GTPJack Offline
Loc: Hoover, AL
I little off the mark but the saying goes, don't debate with idiots because spectators don't know who's really the idiot. Glad they didn't hit you and you made it home safely.

Next: 3" down pipe, SD Ram Air Hood,
#186547 - 06/27/06 03:31 PM Re: I have a pretty rough story....
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Dumba$$es!!!

It'll catch up to them. Trust me. Sad but true.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali