Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175133 - 11/08/06 11:45 PM What are we thinkng about the G6's?
DORLEYII Offline
Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
My wife wants a new G6 GT coupe. What have you guys heard about those? I'm in the proccess of selling my 97 GP GT for the down payment and I want to make sure it's worth it. I've been out of the loop for about a year, I just got back from Iraq last Sunday. I'm just trying to make sure these are trustworthy cars.
#175134 - 11/09/06 01:38 AM Re: What are we thinkng about the G6's?
MULDIVEN Offline
Loc: Murfreesboro,TN
first off let me say THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR OUR COUNTRY...ok now that i have said that...i haven't heard anything bad about the G6..i still love my gp though lol. Good luck with it.
#175135 - 11/09/06 02:48 AM Re: What are we thinkng about the G6's?
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
my friend has a g6 gt 4 door. Nice car. not as much room as a GP but if it is for your wife, she may not really want a bigger car. Has plenty of room though. I'm 6' 3'' and I was comfortable in the passenger seat. Granted the seat was all the way back so I dont know how someone would fit if they were to sit behind me.
#175136 - 11/09/06 02:59 AM Re: What are we thinkng about the G6's?
1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi Offline
Loc: Saginaw MI
I like anything pontiac. I just drove in a buddies of mines 98 SSE Bonneville nice car as well. Yeah go forit, anything but a gay chevy cobalt. I hate those cars HOMO lol.
#175137 - 11/09/06 03:41 AM Re: What are we thinkng about the G6's?
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by 1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi:
I like anything pontiac. I just drove in a buddies of mines 98 SSE Bonneville nice car as well. Yeah go forit, anything but a gay chevy cobalt. I hate those cars HOMO lol.
You do realize the new PONTIAC g5 is just a cobalt with a face lift right? So does your statement of liking all pontiacs stand? notontopic
#175138 - 11/09/06 07:23 AM Re: What are we thinkng about the G6's?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
A buddy of mine has a G6 for his wife and they are loving it. No problems with it.
#175139 - 11/09/06 08:32 AM Re: What are we thinkng about the G6's?
DORLEYII Offline
Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure that the G6s didn't have some crazy reputation for exdploding or anything. Another quick side note on the Cobalt: It was rated the LEAST safe car of 2007 by Forbes.
#175140 - 11/09/06 09:41 AM Re: What are we thinkng about the G6's?
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
I had a G6 V6 for a few weeks while my GTP was being fixed. It was a pretty base car, but I was rather surprised at how nice it was. The interior of a base G6 makes the more expensive 97-03 GP's interior feel cheap, though the seats in a GP are loads more comfortable than the G6's.

I was getting 28-29 MPG in that thing going to work everyday. Compare that to 24 in the GTP, taking the same route and driving the same speed. lol That V6 would still get up and go, and you can hear it too. It's a somewhat docile looking car, but don't let that fool you. It's has a nice ride, very quiet inside, and of course it manuevers way better than a GP.

I don't really have anything bad to say about it, except the gauges are kinda funky and distractingly shiny what with the silver dash pieces everywhere. I did get blinded a few times.

Looks like a good car, though. I haven't seen any with high mileage yet, so I don't know how they hold up in the long run, if you plan on keeping it for awhile.
#175141 - 11/09/06 05:56 PM Re: What are we thinkng about the G6's?
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
I've heard of a few people with G6s at school, sounds like they're pretty decent cars. Friend of mine commented on how smooth the ride is in one. Transmission wise, same automatic I believe, the 4T65-E. But there is a 6 speed manual option though laugh Good to see the manual there. Engines are all different from the GPs.

From a look over MSN Autos, looks like it's getting very good user reviews. Looks like like a pretty nice car.