Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192703 - 02/11/08 08:23 PM Update on my back, Sciatic, and Insurance stuff
20gtp02 Offline
Well I figure I start a new post since I thing the other one is gone.
First off, my insurance got the shaft recently.
First I'll fill you in:
Did the DRX-9000 for two months. Like traction.
$4,000 bill, no insurance unless they still are figuring something out. Did get deducted off taxes though. I put that on a CareCredit card with 0% for 18 months if I pay the month minimum on time, which is like $120.
So I was sent down the street to Abilities physical therapy. Did about a dozen shows there. They said I was doing good, my a$$ still was hurting from the sciatic nerve killing my arse and down my leg. So they discharged me. But they were using what is called a TENS device, little electro stimulator thing with 9 volt batteries. It was the TENS-6000.
Well the guy said would I like one. I was like sure. And he said insurance will cover it, but let me check.
Ok, so I go home with the TENS device and a paper of exercises to do to stregthen my core to relieve the sciatic pain.
Well a month or so later my mom gets the bill that the insurance had to pay for this device.
$968.77 for the TENS-6000.
My TENS-6000 insurance bill for me $61.17.
I figured it was less than $100.
Well I just did a search online and found the whole kitten kaboodle, just like I have, for $70-100. So the insurance got shafted by these money grubbing physical therapy office, or this dude that was supposed to take care of the paperwork.
WOW, talk about being jacked up in price or something.
Anyways, I have been feeling much much better for the past 3 weeks. I think the core strengthing at home has helped, along with time.
I just need to keep it up and it should be better. I think it has healed about 80-90% now. It is almost like now I forgot about the whole situation, until the bills show up!

#192704 - 02/11/08 10:47 PM Re: Update on my back, Sciatic, and Insurance stuff
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Good to hear things are turning up for you. Any time insurance companies are involved, they charge them out the wazoo... it's money in their pocket.

I hate to say it, but mechanics are the same way. Our commercial branch has two prices: list and actual price. List is almost always double the part price to the garage. Guess which one they quote customers?