Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204205 - 05/24/08 03:48 PM Memorial Day
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Sometime this week end I'd like to ask each and everyone of you to remember the importance of this holiday. I wish you all well in what all the endeavors you all may do this weekend.
#204206 - 05/24/08 04:19 PM Re: Memorial Day
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Each and every day we should honor all the soldiers that gave their lives for the freedom we so often take for granted.

One day is not enough.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#204207 - 05/24/08 04:30 PM Re: Memorial Day
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by lonezergling:
Each and every day we should honor all the soldiers that gave their lives for the freedom we so often take for granted.

One day is not enough.
x2 and now that my uncle is over there i dont stop thinking about all the men and woman that have given their lives in order to protect ours. just wish we could start to slowly bring back some of the soldiers so that the ones that have been their for years can come home and see their families.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#204208 - 05/24/08 05:36 PM Re: Memorial Day
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
Too many people take for granted the blood and tears that given and protected the freedoms they enjoy. My problem with Monday, is that there are too many events I want to take in.
This morning I spent 2 hours helping my son's scout troop put flags by all the Veterans graves in the rain. Monday, my son is 1 of 6 leading the Pledge of Allegiance at our town's largest Memorial Day event. The local Air Force base Commander will be 1 of the guest speakers. I personally can't wait for the Confederate Air Force Fly over. I love the sound of old school rotary motors.
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#204209 - 05/24/08 10:57 PM Re: Memorial Day
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
God bless those that fought for our independence, sweated it out between north and south, served as dough boys with the French, broke through the hedgerows of the Rhineland, fought MiGs over Korea, hid in the rice fields of 'Nam, went to the sandbox in '90s, and those fighting in sandbox now. Not even covering the small skirmishes in between: Thank You from the bottom of my heart and bless those that never saw home again.

Also, got stopped at a State Trooper checkpoint today; Thanks to the little people serving the red, white, and blue as well.
#204210 - 05/25/08 12:23 AM Re: Memorial Day
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
with all of the political hoopla going right now as we prepare for the upcoming presidential election, its very easy to lose sight of the value of this system we enjoy. Granted times have changed much and there have always been those who have disagreed with some of the action this country has taken. But it is because of the very freedom we enjoy that we are even allowed to open our mouths and voice our opinions without fearing for our lives.

As the centuries have passed it has always been the soldiers of this country that were the instruments of that freedom. For many different people around the globe we have been feared and respected, but those are the blurbs that make the news. I believe there are far more people who have seen the American soldier as a liberator and rescuing hero. Only those people whose lives have been saved firsthand know how that feels and yet most still live without the freedoms we enjoy.

Sometimes I wish we could junk the whole two party system we have here and let us rally behind a person who would bring us all together for a common good. I am so often reminded of the immortal words of JFK; "Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country!"

Thos who have stepped forward and served this country have done this and more. Those who have done so with their lives should never be forgotten and those who lives have been forever altered due to injury deserve the best care this country can provide. They have given something that can never be returned. God bless them every one.

May this holiday find you healthy and happy and in the company of loved ones. There are those far away who wish for just those things. I pray that all of them will soon be able to enjoy these simple truths as well very soon.

To those who have come before, for those who stand tall even now and for those yet to come, I salute you with both heart and soul and a level of pride that is best spoken in Stars and Stripes.
usa usa usa

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#204211 - 05/26/08 01:00 AM Re: Memorial Day
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I think quite a bit about my buddy in Iraq, but this weekend especially, I can't get him out of my mind & my prayers. It is impossible to thank him and the rest of our troops, both current and former, living or dead, enough. What they have & will sacrifice is immeasurable.

I couldn't add anything to what T-bat said. thumbsup

Toby Keith - American Soldier
Citizen / Soldier - 3 Doors Down

(Uh...56k warning. laugh )
#204212 - 05/26/08 01:08 AM Re: Memorial Day
Acefighter Offline
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to direct some of you to a blog I just made on MySpace. I didn't write this, I got it in a bulletin, but I wanted to post it somewhere to keep it, and that's the best place.

Missing Man Formation

You know, while you're at it, check this one out too.
For Those Fallen

I don't think you need an account to see them, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
#204213 - 05/26/08 10:27 AM Re: Memorial Day
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
I'll add two more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOih0MHNmZU

Only the first minute applies to the next one, as it is my airplane making the pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtGIxezjGvs
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#204214 - 05/26/08 03:47 PM Re: Memorial Day
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 72chevman:
Only the first minute applies to the next one, as it is my airplane making the pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtGIxezjGvs
Sweet! I always love fly bys like that, but the ones in Houston never come close to the sound barrier like he did. thumbsup
#204215 - 05/27/08 12:57 AM Re: Memorial Day
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
the B1 is bad to the "BONE"!...we had one come to the Oceana air show one year and he made several HOT passes, the he finished with scorcher and climbed out on his exit. Man he was out of sight in a matter of seconds!

A lot of folks make big hoopla about the B2 flyover...the Stealth might be cool but it aint no crowd pleaser like the BONE usa thumbsup

I gotta say I get a bigger charge out of seeing planes like the B1 and the C-130 "Fat ALbert" than some of the other high performance aircraft. Guess I've got a soft spot for the big boys.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com