Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#183589 - 07/04/08 01:24 PM chrysler is in trouble
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Just got my new Motor Trend and check out this bit of news

Chrysler LLC may be in for at least one new SUV. Discussions are underway between Chrysler and Nissan over the possibility that Nissan will build version fo the Frontier compact pickup and the Pathfinder SUV for Chrysler. Presumably, the Frontier would serve as the basis for a small Dodge pickup. Dodge sold just 50,000 Dakotas last year, so that model is expendable. The Pathfinder-based Chrysler could be a Dodge, Chrysler or even a Jeep, as Chrysler LLC continues combining all its dealerships into one channel. By the way, the Titan pickup replacement that Chrysler will build for Nissan off the Ram platform will have unique sheetmetal.

MY comments

Jeep to use Nissan designs? What's this world coming too?

Nissan to use the Ram for it's Titan?
#183590 - 07/04/08 01:28 PM Re: chrysler is in trouble
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
kind of like how gm is going bankrupt

just not right

using a asian company when the jeep was designed to used win the war againced them ??

i wonder how many american jobs have the chance to be lost from all of this, the american people are digging a deep hole and i dont know if we will ever be able to get out of it
#183591 - 07/04/08 01:30 PM Re: chrysler is in trouble
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
GM is in much better shape then Chrysler.

I can't believe less then 50,000 Dakotas were sold last year. That truck started the midsize truck craze.
#183592 - 07/06/08 05:47 PM Re: chrysler is in trouble
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Chrysler is smaller company overall than GM and they made the fool mistake of putting all of their eggs into trucks, suvs and V8 power/rwd...which in todays market means almost all of their vehicles lines are hurting for sales.
Add to this when Dalmier pulled out it really lef them in the lurch without operating capital to get new products into production. This is why Cerberus is taking the ax to so many models to try and free up funds to get back into profitable markets...its gonna be bloody...but Chrysler as well as the other domestic car builder should have been more forward looking way before now. The past five model years they really dug themselves a hole in the name of short term profits. Not helping them much now is it?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com