Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175327 - 08/01/09 06:11 AM Finally made it to local car show... (56k warning)
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Every Friday night, literally about 1/3 of a mile from my apartment, there is a car show in a Home Depot parking lot. I've never been able to go look, because I almost always work Fridays. I was finally able to go tonight, and here are the pics.

You'll have to excuse the quality of some of them, people seemed to be trying especially hard to walk in front of the camera right as I was trying to take a picture, so I frequently had to snap a shot while I could without properly lining up the car in the shot. And unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time to stand around and wait for people to move.

Here's the album:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Acefighter/home%20depot%20car%20show%208-1/

Here are a few of the highlights:

My favorite:

That car was brought there by some fat hillbilly. I asked what kind of power he was putting down, and said "Uh, I dunno..." He didn't strike me as having done any of the work himself...nice car though. laugh Closer picture of engine

This car showed up right before I left, and I'm glad it did.
#175328 - 08/01/09 09:49 AM Re: Finally made it to local car show... (56k warning)
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
Thats a BIG cogged blower!

Sounds pretty fun.
#175329 - 08/01/09 07:05 PM Re: Finally made it to local car show... (56k warning)
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
early T/A...Oh Yes Baby! devilgrin

I should be going back to the local cruise-in next friday...I'll have to remember to bring my camera this time.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com