Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#189918 - 05/26/05 02:44 AM diecast car case
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
i finally finished my display case for my diecast cars. Glass shelves and doors with inside lighting make for a miniature auto show right in my den. I'm pretty pleased with the results except for the fact that I still have cars in boxes and no more room left in the case! bummer!...I guess its more shelves or another case in addition to this one!...I'll try to get some pics snapped with my hunny's digi and get them posted up in the next day or so. I cant believe how big the pile of boxes and plastic stands were when the case was full. (the recycle man is gonna be cussing me this week I think)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#189919 - 05/26/05 06:34 AM Re: diecast car case
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Sweet. Get some pics up.
#189920 - 05/26/05 08:34 AM Re: diecast car case
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I'd like to see some pics of your cars.
I've got a little collection going myself. Several 1:24 NASCAR diecast, and several 1:18 exotics.
I've got some pics on my computer at home. When I get home tonight I'll load them up.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#189921 - 05/26/05 10:01 AM Re: diecast car case
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I'm looking to sell my Ryan Newman 1:24 cars. I need him to win a championship so I can unload them. crazy
#189922 - 05/26/05 11:13 AM Re: diecast car case
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Would really love to see your case T-Bat..... smile
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#189923 - 05/26/05 12:27 PM Re: diecast car case
AustinGTP Offline
Here are a couple of pics of my exotics.
As for my NASCAR die cast, I've got Ricky Hendrick's Busch car when he was racing in that series.

The first pic contains a pic of my Monte Carlo, they can built one of those, but no Grand Prix. banghead

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#189924 - 05/26/05 12:29 PM Re: diecast car case
Canadian GTP Offline
Loc: Edmonton Alberta
SWEET!!! I started a couple years ago, bought a Diablo and Viper and quit. (How pathetic is that).. But once again, this awesome group has inspired me... ( I do have a 500+ DVD Collection though, that is having a cabinet built for right now).

Any good sites ???

Intense PCM, 3.5" Pulley, SLP C.A.I, 3" D/P, Flipped FSB, U-Bend Delete, Flowmaster 50 Series, Autolite 605's, Drilled 180 Thermo, Falken FK-451's (245/45ZR18), Motegi FF7 Hyper Black 18x7.5, SS Grills, Tint & Overlays here and there.
#189925 - 05/26/05 06:49 PM Re: diecast car case
ThunderBat Offline
heres some pics I shot today...I cant believe how strong the smell of the stain still lingers everytime I open this thing up. You'd think after several days it would have subsided by now. Hey Bobby it looks like you and I have some similar tastes when it comes to models...I gotta get me one of those Ford GTs...I think I want the yellow one w/the black deck stripes...pretty much because that was the first concept version I actually saw at the NYC Auto show...anyways, here's the pics...

full shot of the case

The Bat and all his supercars

NASCAR and other street machines

Racing Legends

Great Oldies and some modern retro faves

and thats all that I could cram in there for now...I'm thinking about adding some half width shelves in between the existing ones to elevate the cars in back and create a little more room...I'll keep you guys posted.

#189926 - 05/26/05 07:01 PM Re: diecast car case
Canadian GTP Offline
Loc: Edmonton Alberta
SWEET!!!! Love the Grand National (GNX?)! - I want toy cars now...(Off runs Canadian, following the GP Masters yet once again)..

Oh, and the Cabinet looks sweet too thumbsup

Intense PCM, 3.5" Pulley, SLP C.A.I, 3" D/P, Flipped FSB, U-Bend Delete, Flowmaster 50 Series, Autolite 605's, Drilled 180 Thermo, Falken FK-451's (245/45ZR18), Motegi FF7 Hyper Black 18x7.5, SS Grills, Tint & Overlays here and there.
#189927 - 05/26/05 08:38 PM Re: diecast car case
AustinGTP Offline
T-Bat, I want one of those XLR's. I've got the Cien (I see yours in the back), I've also got the Mercedes SLR concept car, not the production car, and a CLK-GTR. I need to get some Trans Am's too. That GNX does look sweet.
For my classics I've got a Ford Mustang GT500KR, 71 Ford Torino GT, 64 GTO, 72 Chevelle, Dodge Charger.
Cabinet looks very nice!

I went to Toy R Us tonight to get the little Princess a Doodle Bear (you can draw on it and wash it and draw on it again).
I stopped by the die cast isle... they're starting to put spinners on the die cast models. no

#189928 - 05/27/05 01:14 AM Re: diecast car case
ThunderBat Offline
I know what you mean...I've got a NYC Checker Taxi cab and an NYC police car...then I picked up the 1:18 OCC FireBike and would like to have something FDNY to go with it. I was thinking a red Hummer H2 in fire trim might work but everything even slightly custom out there is too "urban cruiser" for my tastes...I also have a few 1:64 Muscle Machines (they're cartoony so I'll probably put them on a half shelf) plus I still have my HotWheels Greyhound Bus I've had since I was a kid. My Dad was a Greyhound bus driver and I even still have a Matchbox SceniCruiser bus he gave me when I was very young (not sure how old)...there are still SO many more I want to get...I havent got a Lambo Diablo or a Countach yet and they are must haves...and I wouldnt mind a Richard Petty Superbird either but they're pretty pricey.

#189929 - 05/27/05 10:54 AM Re: diecast car case
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
That is freaking sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hat's off to you T-Bat.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#189930 - 05/27/05 08:34 PM Re: diecast car case
ThunderBat Offline
hey Canadian, if youre looking for some site to shop for diecast, here are some one that I frequent...

www.1stopdiecast.com
www.diecastmuscle.com
www.collectablediecast.com

...all three of these site carry a pretty broad range of cars, trucks and even some bikes.

www.performance-years.com

...these guys are mostly dedicated to the older musclecars and vintage race machines.

www.autofanatics.com
www.royalediecast.com
www.sportcraftcars.com

...if youre into racing machines and exotics, this would be the place to find those...especially if you dig LeMans cars and the legendary Can-Am racers.
There are other site I use occasionally like www.DieCastFast.com and www.ehobbies.com I surf arouns a lot shopping for bargains, beware how much some of these site will hit you for shipping.
As far as the cars themselves go, its definitely a "get what you pay for" deal. AutoArt and Exoto are the premium quality marques out there and their prices reflect it (but they do have incredible attention to detail)...be careful of Welly, Burago and Sunstar as they offer great bargains but the quality shows it. Ertl and 100% HotWheels offer great stuff at reasonable prices, and Maisto has been a company on the rise. Jada Toys offer a wide range of customized rides (a lot of the urban look here but some nice other items...their new "BigTime Muscle" series shows a lot of promise.
well that oughta be enough to keep you and your pocketbook busy for awhile...oh and one other thing...the diecast industry has gotten wise to the internet shopper...a lot of the models you see online are only available there, you wont find them in the department stores...Happy shopping and I'm sure your wife will want to kill me now for passing all this evil info on (mine raises eyebrows everytime another UPS box arrives) laugh

#189931 - 05/27/05 09:16 PM Re: diecast car case
Crusin Offline
Loc: Canada
Wow that's a great looking case you have to show off all those sweet car's.

Canadian if your looking for car's check out kite's and other delight's at WEM you'll find a good selection.